Variety in meals

Steph912

I am on Day 10 of my first whole30. So far, I'm not feeling any results/changes but am hanging in there!

I just wanted to see if it's ok if I only eat the same things every day. I live alone and don't get bored easily. To minimize time, i've been making big batches of stuff. My protein sources are pretty much the same each day but I Do try to mix things up with my veggies(:

Breakfast: egg muffins {eggs, spaghetti squash, onions}

Lunch: chicken breast, cauliflower mash, green beans, Paleo mayo

Dinner: hamburger patty, romaine lettuce salad, sweet potato coins baked in oven dipped in Paleo mayo

Lunch and dinner are pretty interchangeable. I know some people might think it's boring, but I'm good with it and dont get in ruts. Also, I really look forward to those baked sweet potatoes every day...is that a bad thing to be craving/enjoying that on a daily basis?

Thanks so much!

Stephanie

I don't know if it is necessarily bad, but I am confident we get many different nutrients from many different foods. I would strongly consider changing things up a bit. Perhaps plan a weeks' worth of dinners, go shopping for everything you will need for all 5 days (or how many days you want) and buy enough so that you can make leftovers for breakfast and lunch the next day. That way you are only cooking once a day (dinner) and you can have leftovers for your next two meals. I love doing this…especially if my dinner was yummy! I can't wait for breakfast the next day.

There are many many resources on the web as well as the Well Fed cook book and The Foodee Project where you can sort specifically for Whole30 approved meals.

I hope this helps!

Well I know I'd go crazy eating the same thing day after day. I also kind of agree with Carie that we get a lot of different nutrients from different foods ... and also from different combinations of foods. We still don't understand how foods often work together to provide more complete nutrition than individual items by themselves.

Just one thing that I see is that maybe you could mix up your romaine salad by adding in some baby spinach and cabbage. The combination of those three leafy greens is going to provide you a wider variety of nutrients than just romaine alone.

And by the way, I love the idea of the sweet potato rounds dipped in mayo and baked. I never thought of that, but I'll bet they're delish!!

Thanks so much ladies for the replies and suggestions! I've felt like these first few days were more focused on me being disciplined and prepared. Now I can focus more on making different meals and mixing things up! I love the idea of eating something for dinner and then breakfast and lunch the next day. Seems easy enough!

Kara--I love love love the sweet potatoes! I put them in a Baggie with a little olive oil, chili powder, and sea salt. Shake to coat and then bake! Dipping them in the mayo is the best part(:

If you like it and it is helping you stick to your guns with this program, then the food police aren't going to come a-knocking. If you are feeling confident and excited about stepping outside your comfort zone,then go for it! You know your limitations and strengths best. I can eat cucumbers and snap peas for months on end as raw grab-and-go veggies. Actually, it's more like years... ;)

Archived