Jarrow Probiotics Ingredient Check

AndreaJ

The Jarro-Dophilus Allergen Free formula contains Maltodextrin.  Is this Whole 30 approved? Is there another forumla by Jarrow labs that is Whole 30 approved?  It seemed that every Jarrow product that was at the store had some sort of sneaky sugar substitute.

I remember reading an article on the Whole 9 website about Maltodextrin being non-compliant....

http://www.jarrow.com/product/535/Jarro_Dophilus_Allergen_Free

I learned about the Jarrow probiotics (not sure if it was allergen-free or another product) through the Whole9 blog.  A guest writer spoke of them in what I remember to be a positive light given the number of organisms.

Yes, that's where I learned about the Jarrow Brand too.  That is why I was eager to try them.  The allergen free formula is what is linked in that article.  I am hoping some clarification on maltodextrin will help.  

• 3 months later...

Im from Aussie and I am using a probiotic with listed ingredients that include lentils, adzuki beans, chick peas, soya beans, mung beans, agave, different brand also has brown rice, sweet potato, quinoi, molasses, chia seed, amaranth, pumpkin, linseed, spiralina, brocolli, etc  I guess this is not acceptable during a whole30 either? 

Im from Aussie and I am using a probiotic with listed ingredients that include lentils, adzuki beans, chick peas, soya beans, mung beans, agave, different brand also has brown rice, sweet potato, quinoi, molasses, chia seed, amaranth, pumpkin, linseed, spiralina, brocolli, etc I guess this is not acceptable during a whole30 either?

You guess correct :)

(What brand/product is it? Sounds like more of a protein/energy thing...

the company selling the product is called NuFerm, the other is a web site called Changing Habits.  Don Chisholm represents NuFerm and he did a talk at my local Curves gym recently, so I thought I would try it.  Its called Wholefoods something, now I am going to stop taking it a try making kefir instead.

Archived