Help with herbs

Please help me.  I am a spice addict with minimal knowledge of herbs.  I am about to give up nightshades and would love to have flavorful foods.  Plus, it's fun to learn to prepare new things.

For now, all of my foods need to be cooked, although that may change.  Also, I have a very powerful mint plant and some basil growing in my yard.

What are some of your favorite herb combinations?

I've been doing minced pork with ginger, mint, lime juice and fish sauce for breakfast most mornings. (and cayenne, but I'm sure it doesn't need that to still be tasty)  The original recipe called for coriander too, but that's in the inaccessible bit of the garden.

Well Fed / The clothes make the girl use a lot of Middle Eastern spices.

I like traditional combinations - pork/sage/apple/onion for example.

Basil/oregano/tomato in a bolognese sauce on courgette "noodles".

Salmon fishcakes (tin of salmon, one egg to bind, generous amounts of ground ginger).

Fresh parsley for seafood (don't bother with dried, it tastes like grass).

Mint sauce is excellent to cut through the richness of roast lamb.

I'll double-check the Well-Fed blends.  I use plenty of spices, but they are not OK for AIP.  Herbs are in season and more likely to be OK.

I do love mint and ginger with lamb and pork.  Too bad my lamb I just cooked has nuts in it!  Trying to find a source as last year's source is out of ground and my tummy is begging for gentle foods.  Might do a good bit of driving to get it, but it cooks up quickly.

Thanks for the tips!

Archived