My Meal Plan!

rachel576

Hi so tomorrow is my first day on the Whole 30 and I'm planning my intake. Do you think you can see if this is okay and I'm doing this right? Any suggestions or comments will be so helpful!  :)

Breakfast: 2 egg + 1 egg white omelette with diced onion and mushrooms cooked in 1 tbsp coconut oil.

Morning Snack: 2 tbsp almond butter and a apple

Lunch: Salad with 1 medium tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, heart of palms, and 4 oz skinless chicken breast.

Afternoon snack: Green smoothie- (made with 1 medium banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, spinach, kale, 1 tbsp chia seeds, lemon juice, super green powder(which is paleo), acai powder, maca powder, and 1/2 cup coconut water).

Dinner: Fish with steamed vegetables(usually cauliflower, asparagus, or green beans)

Also I be drinking 8 cups of water a day and a cup of black coffee. I will also be exercising. 

***Note: I'm trying to loose weight, so I'm really watching my portions.

Welcome! I have a few suggestions. For breakfast, use 3 whole eggs, or even 4. Your serving size is however many whole eggs you can fit in your hand. Your breakfast seems light on vegetables too...I usually eat about 2 cups at every meal. Your lunch seems light on fat; maybe you're adding an oil-based dressing? Consider avocado or olives as well. 

I wouldn't plan out snacks. Eat them if you need them, but if so, they should be a mini-meal and contain protein, fat, and vegetables. Nut butter and an apple is very dessert-y and probably not a great snack. Also, smoothies are highly discouraged on the W30. If you search the forum for 'smoothie' you'll find lots of comments.

Watch the almond milk...many contain carageenan.

I think a lot of people err on the small side of portions when they start their W30, because they're afraid of fat and/or gaining weight. This leads to hunger and possibly too much snacking. I would suggest you beef up your portions to make sure you're satisfied, because depending on how you used to eat, this first week could be rough to get through...being hungry will make it so much worse. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm new to this and I didn't know that smoothies were discourage! I defiantly will take it out now! With also the apple, but I'm going to keep the almond butter since it really helps keep me full in the morning and I love almonds. 

Also, I make sure to have 3 eggs and some more veggies! I'm thinking spinach would be great with it! and my almond milk will be homemade. 

I be also sure to add avocado to my salad. 

Is it okay to have some blueberries or raspberries after dinner? I'm always craving sweets during that time and eating a piece of fruit fulfills it. Thanks for the tips!

I'd leave the snacks too - they are discouraged, so why plan them in to your plan? You should only have a mini meal because you're starving, not because you're used to eating a morning tea.

If your breakfast is big enough, you won't NEED the snack. You might want it, but more than likely not need it.

I'd overestimate portion size to start off with - if you can't finish your meal, you'll have leftovers that fit the template of protein/fat/vegies to have as a mini meal if you find yourself ready to gnaw your arm off a before your next meal.

You haven't included much fat in your meals either - the fat is necessary, and leaving it out isn't going to help your body lose weight!

With fruit after dinner, I'd avoid that too, especially considering you're eating it to satisfy a craving for sugar. The whole 30 is about ridding yourself of these cravings so replacing your after dinner treat with a "better" option doesn't help. Actually listen to your body, not your brain..... You will likely find you're not really hungry!

Archived