Starting Morning: SUCKED!

KitchenWitch

Got up this morning excited to start my new way of life. However, things took a nosedive within the first hour. I haven't eaten  breakfast since Junior High, so this was a huge change for me. But, I got up and headed for the kitchen (and not just to get a cup of coffee ). I made myself an omelette. 3 eggs, spinach, sauteed mushrooms, cooked in a big tablespoon of coconut oil.  My stomach started to turn just from the smell of it cooking. Well, eating it didn't get any better. I'm a chef so I'm sure it must have been good. But not to me. When I finished ( it took 45min. ) I was pretty sure I was going to lose it. Yep, sure did. Faster than it went down, it came back up. I sitting here now, sans breakfast, with my first cup of coffee. Any suggestions for someone whose stomache doesn't wake up until around 4:00pm? 

Maybe start with a smaller breakfast & work up from there? Not being hungry when you wake is usually a sign of your hormones being a bit off, but Whole30 should bring them into line so it gets easier... How about something you made in advance so you don't have to cook 1st thing? Mini-omelette type things made in individual muffins cases might be good?

Well that certainly isn't a good way to start your morning!  I agree with Roz on starting small and working your way up to a larger breakfast.  Our go to item around here is mini-egg muffins that can zapped in the mirco before we leave for work or once we get to work.  Another thought, is switch it up and try something other than eggs.  This morning I had diced sweet potato with warmed apples and it was devine with my eggs.  Felt more like a treat than breakfast.

How has the rest of the day gone?

Thanks all.  It's 5:00pm and I've eaten 2 bites of cold chicken breast. I don't know how to stimulate the appetite. The thought of eating is such a huge turn-off.  Going for a salad with a turkey buger for dinner. Hoping tomorrow goes better.

Archived