True or False RE: pork

pDc

I read from a lady rather against eating meat, especially pork, that, according her, pork is rather nasty.  She said that pigs don't have sweat glans, so their bodies cannot expel toxins in their sweat, so the trapped toxins are in their flesh (meat).  She had funny math, too.  "Sweat = urine.  no sweat = meat full of urine"

Is this even remotely true?

Well, humans can excrete toxins through the skin. I've heard of people with cancer doing 40 day juice fasts and developing boils and lesions on their skin as their bodies detoxify and get rid of the chemo drugs through their pores, but a generally healthy person (or pig) doesn't get rid of a whole lot that way. Also, in no way is sweat urine. Urine is mostly comprised of waste products and cellular debris that the kidneys filter out of the blood stream, as well as excess salts and minerals that the body can't use or store at that time. Sweat is manufactured for a specific purpose - to cool the body. Pigs cool off by staying in the shade and rolling in mud.

This is why I don't do hot yoga anymore, when I realized that the extra sweat doesn't do anything for me except maybe let me lose a bit of water weight, it did not seem worth it to me anymore! Also, the heat may actually cause you to get wrinkly faster and who wants that?  A bit of a weird segue from pigs to hot yoga but yeah, that whole sweating out toxins bit is pure malarky.

Archived