Whole30 or 100 Take 2!

JamieM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Roz- I am glad you feel better.  How was kickboxing?

Jamie - I like you idea of 3 meals per week.  And of course the wine tasting.  Last night we went to my fave restaurant.  I ate compliantly and it was not a big deal and it was yummy (hard to do!). But I saw some friends there and they had a pitcher of margaritas.  I miss that.  I don't think its the drinking actually - I think it's the fun, the experience. In the next few weeks I am going to practice going out with friends and having fun!!! :D

Off to breakfast with my dd. Getting sadder every minute.

Thinking of you today Almcc :wub: hope you're ok!

My "slip" on Tuesday has been quietly reverberating through my system - i didn't sleep well that night, then around 2pm yesterday i suddenly felt incredibly sad, something i remember very well :( By last night, having popped open a new jar of homemade sauerkraut, i was feeling better mentally though with a certain level of bowling-ball-in-the-lower-intedtine-ness. Much better today though. Wondering if there'll ever be a "safe" limit :rolleyes: Realised I've been rattling round the forums advising tired folk that sweet potatoes are the answer whilst not eating many myself... Intend to put that right today!

Hi All

Thanks Roz. Today is move in day. I'm going to get up soon and make breakfast for myself and pack some snacks. I'm excited and sad.

Yay for sauerkraut! So glad it is making you feel better. Also- I am still amazed aboutt how putting the wrong thing in my body affects me and eveni more amazed at how putting the right things in affect me in a positive way. I have to keep remembering that.

I think I'll have some sweet pot this morning.

Happy Eating!!

Hi All

I have to report in. I had an aha moment. We decided to go out to dinner after leaving my dd at college (which was a hard day but it went great!!). Well, the old tape was running - the one that said I deserve to treat myself tonight. We were going to five guys and my treat was to have a bun and fries. Before ordering I had a thought - a new thought- rather than deserve to be treated I deserve to take care of myself. Yippee!! I didn't get fries and a bun and I am completely satisfied with the food I ate. I feel fab. Sorry if this is bragging - but I'm so thrilled - I wanted to share.

Now, I have to get working on that template.

Here's to taking care of ourselves.

Proud of you! :wub:

Still compliant here, despite my brain's best efforts :lol: Haven't felt particularly hungry the past couple of days, it's *very* unusual for me not to feel hungry! On Thursday i had some Well Fed chocolate chili for lunch, with spaghetti squash & some olives. Felt strangely full. About 4/5pm i had my usual snack attack & had a small handful of macadamias, though i was more peckish than hungry. Within about 5 minutes i had the worst stomach ache ever, for about 2 hours. Ouch. Honestly i think it was just trapped wind, but it was a very grumpy & forlorn mummy putting the kids to bed that night! All better now thankfully.

My brain's cravings have moved on from mass-market milk chocolate to Green & Black's organic dark - I'll take that as at least a step in the right direction :lol:

Today I'm just tired after a poor night's sleep, so I'll need to keep a sharp eye on my food choices! I had half a big sweet potato with some fruity pork & a bit of kale for breakfast, I'm hoping that'll keep me on the straight & narrow until lunch...

Happy eating everyone :)

Roz. Hope you haven't killed anyone!!!! I have not had that this time around.

Tomorrow I return to no nuts, no nut butter, no Lara bars. I have gone overboard. And I will make the template my friend. And I will plan my meals for next week. And cook extra meat. And post my meals.

I have a friend coming Thursday. We'll be staying at a hotel and eating out one night. After that I don't think I have any more challenges (other than my self)!!!

Happy eating.

No deaths yet ;) I slept like a dead badger last night, had spring greens & braised hearts for breakfast, & today i feel better, so far at least (we're not in double figures yet :ph34r: )

Today we're going for Sunday lunch at the in-laws, my MIL is pretty good at understandingthe basics, but she's a total fat-phobe - i often come home hungry & snappy. This week I've saved a few crunchy pork rinds to eat when i get back ;)

Wow, i just thought of something random - like i said, both in-laws are really fat-phobic, MIL cuts any visible fat off all meat (cardboard pork chops, anyone?), but then they'll settle down to a dessert of treacle sponge pudding & custard. With seconds. :huh: go figure

Lunch at the in-laws went ok... MIL had made a lasagna, but had cooked me a portion of the mince mixture separately. Though it did have dried peas in it :blink: And there were some extra veg - courgette, asparagus, green beans, roast parsnips & carrots. Had some chunks of melon for dessert. So not too bad, then i rather spoiled it by snaffling a load of dark chocolate when i got home. So I'll start another round tomorrow - well, not tomorrow, but with my next meal. I'm not giving up! :)

Hi All

I wrote a long post and my phone ate it. Phooey.

Roz - don't give up.

Maybe at some point it's time to move to the post 30 log section and just practice riding the bike ourselves. I'm saying this for myself especially. I'd like to give (riding the bike) a really good try. Practicing eating the food I miss that won't make me sick and not going overboard. Then maybe do a whole whatever at some later date. Maybe even try 30 days of 90/10 and then reassess. I'm going to think about this some more.

Here's to taking very good care of ourselves.

Hi all

Today is day 30. I'm going to end this round tomorrow. My plan is to eat compliantly 90+% of the time for the next 30 days. Mostly, I want to be able to eat out without so much finagling. I am not going to do all the reintroductions this time. I am going to set up some rules cause moderation does not work for me at all.

Here's to taking care of ourselves.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing!!  That salad sounds very interesting to try!!  I'm not so into cilantro but maybe could in the mix - I'm trying new things also - I just started my 2nd whole 30 but my first was just at end of Oct or first of Nov.  I would like to follow your whole 30 - although I'm finding I  just need to live it as a lifestyle because my first whole 30 revealed some strong food sensitivities that had been causing some health problems.  It will be great to do it with others!!  Becky

Archived