Breakfast-stomach Issues

Hilly

I'm on day four and am having problems with breakfast. I was a hard core zone bar breakfast eater before starting this. Now I find myself having to choke down real food in the morning. Literally. This is typically followed by a stomach ache. After choking down my breakfast of eggs, spinach and sweet potatoes this morning, I feel like I could barf. I've tried having dinner-type meals without much success. Does anyone have suggestions for breakfast foods that are easy on the stomach?

Hilly, I was like you. I think my stomach was so shrunken that I couldn't force down the whole meal, especially at breakfast. It took me about a week to adjust. Now I'm really hungry in the morning. I do take awhile to eat the full breakfast.

Maybe try eating a bit smaller meal in the AM and then making it up with lunch and dinner?

Hi Hilly!  I totally relate. I'm a two meal a day girl who hasn't eaten breakfast since Junior High. I got up Day #1 and made myself a 3 egg omelette with spinach and mushrooms. It came back up must faster than it went down!  I can't even stand the smell of food cooking in the morning.  Day #2 : problem solved.  I had a COLD salad of greens, cold cajun chicken and EVOO and balsamic vinegar.  NO PROBLEMS!  Keep it cold and it goes down MUCH easier. I hope it works for you. I was just about to give up one day one.

I too, found breakfast hardest when I first started W30. I hadn't eaten it for about 50 years :) and my stomach heaved at the thought. Now I really enjoy it but it was babysteps. Making it a slightly, smaller meal, having it cold if I didn't feel like hot food and above all, making sur it was something I really fancied eating all helped. One last thing that helped was taking digestive enzymes with it. good luck

Archived