Lindsay's Whole 30 (for real this time)

lindsayhilleary

Hi everyone, I'm Lindsay and I attempted my first Whole30 in July. After twelve days I found out I was pregnant. I made it to day 18 before caving to morning sickness and food aversions. Unfortunately that pregnancy turned out to be my second miscarriage in a row and I lost the baby on July 26. I've eaten mostly primally since then (although probably a bit heavy on the dairy), but I've definitely had some comfort and binge eating, and a bit of alcohol and sugar. 

After my first miscarriage last fall I ate my way up to 193 pounds over the following 7 months, which was about a 20 pound gain. I don't want to do that again. I've lost that weight by eating primally since the beginning of June but I've got at least 30 more pounds to lose.

I'm going to make this Whole30 count. I had a hard time not weighing myself last time around, so I'm really going to focus on staying away from the scale.

My goals are pretty simple. First, I want to finish the 30 days. Second, I'd like to get my sleeping schedule under control. I want have lights out by 10:30 on weekdays and wake up at 7. Lastly, I'd like to lose some weight and inches and fit back into some clothes I haven't been able to wear for awhile. Here are today's measurements:

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 173.2

Bust: 41

Waist: 33.75

Hips: 42.5

R Thigh: 26

L Thigh: 26

R Bicep: 14.25

L Bicep: 14.25

post-32766-0-01989500-1375798892_thumb.j

post-32766-0-99585100-1375798958_thumb.j

Day 1

Meal 1: 1/2 sweet potato, 2 fried eggs, arugula, ~ 1/4 cup chicken thigh

Meal 2: Huge salad of kale, chard, spinach, chicken thigh, tomatoes, avocado, coconut flakes, balsamic and evoo

Meal 3: Yellow curry with coconut milk, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, chicken and spinach over zucchini noodles

Snack: 2 figs

Lots of Hot tea and sparkling water

Day 2

Meal 1: Beef tongue. Soooooo delicious! I wasn't planning on this being my breakfast, but I had it in the slow cooker overnight and was taking the skin off and slicing it this morning and it was too tasty not to eat. I'm kind of glad my husband won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. All mine :)

Workout: 60 minute walk

Meal 2: Coffee with coconut milk, 1/2 sweet potato, 2 fried eggs, orange and yellow pepper slices, beef tongue (can't get enough of it!)

Snack: baby carrots, 1/8 cup mix of almonds. pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes, kombucha

Meal 3: Lamb stew with carrots and leeks

Snack: Figs

Day 3

Workout: 75 minute walk

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk, sweet potato, 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, spinach and arugula, yellow beets, chicken thigh

Meal 2: Beef tongue, tomatoes, earl grey tea

Workout: 7 min walk/16 min run/7 min walk

Meal 3: Grass fed bunless burger, spinach and arugula, yellow beets, fried egg, yellow pepper, tomatoes

A lot of water and sparkling water

Day 4

Workout: 55 min walk/run (3.5 mi)

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk, sweet potato, 2 eggs, spinach and arugula, yellow pepper, chicken thigh

Meal 2: Sashimi and cucumber rolls, beef tongue, tomatoes, carrots, kombucha

Meal 3: Halibut, salad with tomatoes

Snack: Pumpkin puree mixed with coconut milk and cinnamon 

Day 5

Workout:  35 min walk/run

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk, sweet potato, red and yellow peppers, yellow beets, spinach and arugula, chicken thigh, 2 eggs

Meal 2: Beef tongue, zucchini "noodles" with dairy-free home made pesto, sauteed squash blossoms, sauteed baby bok choy

Snack: Pumpkin puree mixed with coconut milk and cinnamon 

Day 8

Meal 1: Sweet potato, 2 fried eggs, kale, collard greens, pulled pork, yellow beets, pico de gallo, avocado and guacamole

Workout: 45 min walk

Meal 2: Salad with grilled shrimp, asparagus, almonds and tomatoes; ceviche with plantain chips

Snack: gelatin bites made with coconut water, kombucha and gelatin

Meal 3: Mixed meat plate: Quail, Lamb, Wild Boar, Venison, and Buffalo (holy yum this was an amazing meal!)

Snack: 2 dates stuffed with coconut butter

A lot of sparkling water

Archived