not being vigilant on oils- waist gain 3 inches?!

I am 9 days post w30. Did a dairy reintro=gassy and bloated. Did a corn reintroduction = overeating and bloated. Have had chipotle 3 times this week and ate the veggies and chicken with soybean oil. At dinner last night (out with friends) I think there may have been sugar and non compliant oil in dressing,plus I ate like 7 fries, 4 forkfuls of basmati rice and one bite of peach ice cream was also hungry after dinner (probably BC of grains and sugar).despite eating salad salmon and shrimp, so I had a banana and some cashew butter to save myself from bingeing on non compliant.foods. TodayI measured after breakfast coffee and water, Waist measurement is up 3 inches from my day 31 measurements!

I feel like to.maintain and keep losing I have to be Whole 30 all the time. I know we aren't supposed.to.go by weight, but I have at least 80lbs to lose, and at least 8-10 more inches around waist. Should I just go back to being strict paleo/whole30?

It doesn't sound like you were feeling particularly good after eating the oils, dairy and grains....so, now you know. You'll need to decide for yourself if these foods are "worth it". In my opinion, they aren't worth it to me. I know that I can't indulge in the foods on a regular basis because they make me feel like crap and I absolutely hate that bloated, puffy feeling after knowing what it feels like to not feel that way anymore. Now, this doesn't mean that I don't eat these items-occasionally-and in much smaller portions than I ever normally ate before.

The biggest lesson I learned from my first whole30 last summer was how food affected me. Now that I am so aware of how different foods make me feel, I can make better choices. Making the choice to feel good as opposed to bloated and puffy almost always wins out these days!

Archived