Nearly done, but reacting to compliant foods, do I start over?

I'm on day 27 of my W30, but last week I realized I'm having a problem with eggs (I get light-headed, then extremely sleepy), and now, I'm just realizing I'm having a mild allergic reaction to carrots as well. Do I start over and go 30 days without these foods as well as non-compliant foods, or do I start my reintroduction on schedule, leaving eggs and carrots out for a time? I'm worried that if my diet gets too restricted, I will develop new allergies from eating the same foods too frequently.

• Moderators

I am sorry you are having problems, but it is always good news to identify food sensitivities. You need to cut foods out of your menu as you discover they cause problems. 

Eggs are a relatively common problem in the world of food sensitivities, but I've never heard of trouble with carrots before. I am not an expert on food sensitivities, however, so others may be familiar. 

I know eggs and carrots seem huge, but don't despair. There are hundreds of vegetables and dozens of proteins you've probably never tried that remain good for you. You might want to browse the specialty as well as the basic shopping lists to familiarize yourself with options:

You do not need to start over from day 1 without eggs and carrots. Continue through day 30 with the added modification of no eggs and carrots and then experiment with introducing anything you are keen to eat again. 

I think you are more likely to get bored from eating a few foods over and over again than to develop new sensitivities, but the good news is that there is variety available. You just have to plan and organize to make it happen.

Archived