Not Hungry?

jldixon

I am on Day 8 and the last two days I have been super busy. Yesterday I managed to get a Larabar for lunch (bad, I know) and today I didn't get breakfast - just coffee. I could have had fruit, but decided against the sugar rush. 

Now it's 2PM and I am quickly having some baby carrots instead of another lara bar, because I am in a hurry to get to yet another meeting. 

I KNOW this is bad, but I really do not have the time to make a whole salad right now. I have some leftovers, but don't want to eat something hot. 

So - is the lack of hunger the onset of fat adaptation? That would be exciting! 

And am I wrecking it by not eating 3 regularly timed meals? 

Thanks! 

I don't have any real answers..  I have been eating regular meals  consistently but I have noticed for the last 3 or 4 days (I'm on day 13), that I'm just not as hungry.  I hardly ever feel hungry... but I know that it's time to eat and so I do.  Hope you get your answers!  Take care of your body and good luck!!

I don't have any difinitive answers either, but the lack of appetite seems to be a common symptom. Maybe it's just your blood sugars finally leveling out? But if you continue to skip meals you'll most likely crash and burn. Pack a good, quick lunch tonight to take with you tomorrow (if possible). Take care of yourself!

Hmm - three days later and still not much appetite - thought I did just have a great breakfast of nitrite & sugar free bacon (mmm), eggs and sweet potatoes. Last night I ate maybe 1/3 of my usual portion of chilli. I wonder if it is because I have become fat adapted? I have a lot of extra fat on me, so maybe my body is using that for energy. It is actually a wonderful feeling to feel full! 

I would suggest you make a conscience effort to eat at least the lower end of the template 3x a day with 4-6 hours between whether you feel hungry or not with your first meal being no more than an hour after you get up. Skipping meals messes with your hormones which is what we are trying to balance. If you have never eaten on a schedule before your body may need to adjust. You need the nutrients from balanced meals. Some days I don't feel super hungry and just eat on my schedule...other days I do and eat when I feel hungry.

Archived