Struggling with stress on day 2

contessafierce

This is my 4th attempt to make it through my first whole 30. I am feeling tired, and discouraged and wondering if I can make it through. I have a lot of stress right now and am really having a difficult time not turning to wine to take the edge of my stress. This is an unhealthy habit that I have slipped into. It's one of the reasons I am doing the whole 30. My diet is pretty good, except for the wine. And I have been losing and gaining the same 10 lbs for about 6 years.

I am turning 40 this year and want to be done with this struggle. I want to lose 20 lbs. even though I know it's not all about weight. I know this is where I feel best.

I am going to turn in early tonight just to keep my mind off wine.

The whole 30 is a great way to change how you deal with stress!

You will feel tired for a while, sleep is probably the best answer so taking yourself to bed to stop thinking about wine is a huge help :) when you're more energetic, could you take up exercise to help with the stress?

Perhaps as part of your Whole30, you can start to make a new, non-food or drink choice, when you feel stressed, and begin to create a new healthier habit?

Adding consistent exercise is a terrific start. 

Identify some other things to do, in the moment, when you're stressed.  They could include things like punching a pillow, taking a walk around the block, calling a trusted friend, meditating, housecleaning, gardening, doing a craft like knitting. Beginning some sort of meditation or focused breathing practice can help support you in your stress-management as well.  

Going to bed early is great. I used to be a wine-addict. I had to have it to unwind after the day. When I started W30 there were times I went to bed at 8:30. Since I normally get up at 5:30, it wasn't that early, but much earlier than I was going to bed before. I did survive the 30 days with no wine.

Archived