Starting 28 August, join me!

francsois

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Walt and Francsois - great to hear about your current states!

Walt, I only wish I would have been as unswerving as you have been. I had been sticking very closely to the plan, but this past weekend I fell – and fell hard. It started with a cookie. I visited my parents for the weekend and my mom had gone through the trouble of making GF/DF cookies for me, and I couldn't say no – right? Well, that “just one†cookie turned into me basically diving face first into the entire platter and eating every single one of them. Yes, that's right, every single one. Well, strike that – my mom and dad both ate one to try them, so I ate all but two of the cookies, and let's just say there were far more than I needed! That woke my sugar dragon BIG time, and now I've been attempting to slay it ever since.

My body hates me now, obviously. I've felt bloated, have had an upset stomach and a headache ever since. Ugh.

The biggest surprise to me is how much I've cut back on alcohol. Since my 30th day I've only had three adult beverages, and the last one – a margarita – left me feeling as if I'd been plowed over by a truck! I don't have a desire for it at all. Now if I could only get my brain to think that way about sweets!

I'm trying not to beat myself up about falling into that pile of cookies, but it's hard – especially when I physically feel so crappy and my pants are tighter. It's amazing how quickly and how hard it all hits!

My Lisbon vacation starts next Friday, so I'm going to do a Whole7 until we leave. When I get back, I'm definitely going to do another Whole30 to get myself back on track!

Glad you guys are still going strong! Way to go!!

Hello Walt and Francsois - great to hear about your current states!

Walt, I only wish I would have been as unswerving as you have been. I had been sticking very closely to the plan, but this past weekend I fell – and fell hard. It started with a cookie. I visited my parents for the weekend and my mom had gone through the trouble of making GF/DF cookies for me, and I couldn't say no – right? Well, that “just one†cookie turned into me basically diving face first into the entire platter and eating every single one of them. Yes, that's right, every single one. Well, strike that – my mom and dad both ate one to try them, so I ate all but two of the cookies, and let's just say there were far more than I needed! That woke my sugar dragon BIG time, and now I've been attempting to slay it ever since.

My body hates me now, obviously. I've felt bloated, have had an upset stomach and a headache ever since. Ugh.

The biggest surprise to me is how much I've cut back on alcohol. Since my 30th day I've only had three adult beverages, and the last one – a margarita – left me feeling as if I'd been plowed over by a truck! I don't have a desire for it at all. Now if I could only get my brain to think that way about sweets!

I'm trying not to beat myself up about falling into that pile of cookies, but it's hard – especially when I physically feel so crappy and my pants are tighter. It's amazing how quickly and how hard it all hits!

My Lisbon vacation starts next Friday, so I'm going to do a Whole7 until we leave. When I get back, I'm definitely going to do another Whole30 to get myself back on track!

Glad you guys are still going strong! Way to go!!

Pepper, no worries, you are only human. at least you keep trying.

Archived