Breakfast & morning workout

Caryn

I am on Day 17 of my Whole30. I want to start exercising in the mornings but by the time I get to the gym, workout and am able to eat something it will be at least 2 hours after waking up (gym is an hour away from home near work)- so the rule about eating within an hour of waking would be a problem. Also, I don't return home in between the gym and work and I'm not sure what I'll eat for breakfast on the go like that. Anyone have any suggestions? How do others handle this?

• Moderators

Eat a small pre-workout meal before leaving your house for the gym - maybe one or two boiled eggs. After your workout, eat some lean protein and maybe a baked sweet potato. I like a can of tuna packed in water as my protein, but roasted chicken breast is the classic post-workout meal. This gives you some food early in the day. If you need to or can eat again before lunch, that would be good. 

Definitely eat before like Tom suggested... I went to one of my kettlebell trainings without eating one day (in a rush) and that workout was essentially worthless.  :)  Pack a little snack after of lean meat and some carrots or something along those lines.   Good luck, you're doing awesome!!

Archived