Trishabelle's food log

trishabelle

I am on Day 9 of my first try and as far as i know have not had a single cheat and feel pretty sure I can do this!   I just got back from my first visit with a cardiologist.   I had some test results that were very scary and because my mom's cardio history she wanted me to go on a low dose of a statin.   I told her NO!!! lol...  i want to give this WOL a chance and see if I can improve my numbers.  So I've got 3 months before i get retested and Im praying I can get my numbers normal.   I just discovered this log so I am committing to fill it out everyday until the end.

Breakfast:   2 hardboiled eggs, coffee

Lunch:  taco beef(homemade taco seasoning) in butter lettuce wraps w carrot, onion, cilantro, avocado,

tomato

Dinner:  grilled boneless chicken breast ( olive oil, ital seasoning, garlic powder)

salad of spinach, arugula, onion, celery, tomato, olive oil & vinegar

roasted  diced sweet potato

Welcome! A new book just came out that you might want to look into. I'm planning to obtain and read it soon. It's called Cholesterol Clarity.

Looking at your meals for today you really need to eat more for M1. You should be eating at least 1-2 cups of vegetables with every meal and the template measures eggs by how many whole ones you can hold in your hand. I usually eat 4 myself. If you don't want to eat that many eggs than add another protein like some compliant sausage or leftovers from another meal. Your other 2 meals look great!

I've not been able to find breakfast sausage without sugar but I've found some regular sausage. You can always make your own. There is a recipe for breakfast sausage seasoning in Practical Paleo and I'm sure there are a bunch on the interwebs if you consult Dr Google.

Day 10

M1:  2 boiled eggs, grapefruit, coffee (really not hungry for more ... tomorrow im adding a garden veggie cocktail made in my vitamix)

m2:  ground beef, onions, scrambled eggs

m3:   taco salad w/ arugula, ground beef, tomatos, avocado  and an orange

I know i did not have enough veggies today... went shopping so im a little more prepared for tomorrow

Day 10

M1: 2 boiled eggs, grapefruit, coffee (really not hungry for more ... tomorrow im adding a garden veggie cocktail made in my vitamix)

m2: ground beef, onions, scrambled eggs

m3: taco salad w/ arugula, ground beef, tomatos, avocado and an orange

I know i did not have enough veggies today... went shopping so im a little more prepared for tomorrow

Adding more vegies is a great idea - your meal 1&2 were both lacking!! Try and eat them though, not blend them - green smoothies are discouraged on the whole 30. You should be able to eat whatever you were going to put in the vitamix :)

Day 12

M1: 3 hb eggs, canteloupe

M2: Salad w/ turkey, vinegar only as dressing

M3: salad w grilled chicken, walnuts, apples

make sure you're including your fats!! your breakfast or lunch had no fat added, your body really does need them. there is some fat in the eggs, but turkey is very lean. your breakfast was also lacking in vegetables, could you make leftovers at dinner so they're already prepared?

Yes my cupboards had gotten bare but I got to grocery today... That is one thing I fed need to work on.

Day 14

M1: grilled chicken, olives and green pepper

M2: hamburger, hotdogs sauerkraut, salad w dressing

M3(had a late breakfast and early dinner so this was really a snack): pistachios , orange, apple.

i realize i am having quite a few stomach aches (& feeling a little burpy).  i dont wake up with them but get it after i eat so i decided to test if it is egg related.  if it is i am going to be VERY upset as i love egss and they really help me handle this WOL.   no eggs today and although i dont feel %100 ... it is not as bad as its been....

Archived