Celiac Testing

I am on day 27 and feeling great. I am in no rush for the month to be over, and was planning on holding off on reintro and maintaining the whole 30 lifestyle for a while longer. One of the reasons I tried this plan is because I eat emotionally, and become addicted to certain foods (mainly sugar) and tend to binge eat. I have felt very safe on the whole 30, have truly enjoyed the foods I've been eating, have felt satisfied, and have not craved junk at all.

However, I need to get bloodwork done soon -- they are testing me for Celiac as they are trying to find the cause of my iron deficiency anemia. If you've been on a gluten free diet, you will get a negative result for Celiac even if you do have it. My doctor recommended I eat some gluten for a few days before the test so it's in my system.

So it looks like I'm being forced into reintro, although I'm hoping to be right back on track after a few days. Any suggestions on ways I can incorporate gluten into my otherwise healthy diet? I'm worried about starting a slippery slope if I go eat something like pizza.

I had this exact same conundrum a while ago. I just bought a bag of flour and put some in my soup. I didn't even notice it was there, taste-wise. I don't think you need a lot of gluten, since if you really are Celiac you'll react to even just a little.

You could also try just a bottle of soy sauce; that has wheat in it and I don't think it would set off any sugar cravings.

Archived