Started Whole90 on July 1 - think I need to stop

Robsmom

I did my first Whole30 in January and did great.  I knew I would do it again later this year and decided to go even longer.  On July 1st, I started a Whole90.  So today is Day 62 for me.  Even though everything is going well, I'm considering stopping because we are going to be moving in a few weeks.  Besides packing, we have so much work to do to our house before we can put it on the market.  And with all the cooking involved, I was thinking of taking a break.  I wanted to get people's opinion on this.  When I started on July 1st, we didn't know we were moving so this is unexpected.  I plan to stick as close to the program as possible but I need to be free to be able to eat out a little more as my schedule is going to get super crazy over the next month.  Plus, I don't know how soon I'm going to be able to cook in our new place.

My biggest reason for going 90 days was to get rid of my sweet tooth.  I still will keep sugar out of my diet for the full 90 days as that really hasn't been that hard.  

Do you think it's bad to make a conscious decision to quit (which I hate) or is this completely reasonable given my circumstances?

You aren't quitting! It's a whole30, not a whole lifetime! You can keep eating compliantly and make good choices as you get through this period. Yes, you might eat something not 100% compliant, but it's not the end of the world if you do. And as always, it's a choice if you do. There are plenty of compliant choices out there in the real world. You can do this! Good luck with your move!

I think my fear in quitting early (and honestly my fear as we get close to the end of our first Whole 30 - on day 21 today) is that we will go back to our old ways... we ate pretty healthy except for wine and sweets, except when we were busy.  That's when we would fall into the trap of pizza and hamburgers, etc; quick to-go meals.  Hopefully you'll have the will power to stay strong!  I am working on spending more chunks of time cooking a bunch of meals/snacks so putting lunches and dinners together during our busy days is more just putting everything together and maybe reheating it instead of trying to cook full meals for each breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  

... speaking of which, time to make some "You'll never miss the cheese broccoli soup!" :) 

Good luck with the sale of your house and your move!  

Archived