Fighting seasonal allergies-And losing!

I am losing my freaking mind. Day 11 or 12, I've lost count. This is the second night I've been up all night due to allergies. Can't stop sneezing, stuffy nose makes it impossible to sleep. Over the counter allergy meds are calling my name...but I know they're not compliant! HELP! I have some complaint herbal crap that works ok but on nights like this doesn't work at all. I am so miserable. Do I give in and take the pills or fight this out?! It's really hard to want to stick with this whole 30 feeling SO crappy ) :

Take the meds. I just started my Whole30 less than 6 weeks out from a hysterectomy and you can better believe that I'm taking the pain meds when I need to while I get my strength back.

You may find the further along you get the less allergies you have or you may not. From my first (failed) whole30 I did realize some of my allergy symptoms were caused by food, bit others aren't. I do have know which pollens I have issues with so when they start saying those are up, I take my allergy meds. No amount of diet is going to stop the pollen! It's not worth being miserable.

Thank you for giving me the green light! I am feeling much better, I only had to take a total of 4 pills over the past few days(a year ago I would have popped 2 every 4 hours) Now unless its completely unbearable I take the herbal stuff. Still struggling with my whole 30 but I'm half way through so hopefully ill feel 100% soon.

Archived