Day 4 and I'm starving.

Venzi

I'm starving but i'm having trouble choking down food. I wake up hungry. I go to bed hungry and i'm hungry in between. I'm following the 1-2 portion templates for proteins and fats. I'm usually doing more towards 2 portions. My fats are usually olive oil. I really don't like how coconut oil makes everything taste like it. I like avocado but not enough to be eating it 3x/day. My other problem is that I have a really hard time eating reheated meat. I don't know what it is but it makes me want to gag. I know its only day 4 but i'm feeling very discouraged, like I can't do this for another 26 days. My goal is to lose some weight and get rid of the constant bloating I have when eating grains etc...

Has anyone else eve experienced this during their whole 30?

Thanks,

Farrah

I'm starving but i'm having trouble choking down food. I wake up hungry. I go to bed hungry and i'm hungry in between. I'm following the 1-2 portion templates for proteins and fats. I'm usually doing more towards 2 portions. My fats are usually olive oil. I really don't like how coconut oil makes everything taste like it. I like avocado but not enough to be eating it 3x/day. My other problem is that I have a really hard time eating reheated meat. I don't know what it is but it makes me want to gag. I know its only day 4 but i'm feeling very discouraged, like I can't do this for another 26 days. My goal is to lose some weight and get rid of the constant bloating I have when eating grains etc...

Has anyone else eve experienced this during their whole 30?

Thanks,

Farrah

Can you post your meals for the past 4 days so we can give you some more specific feedback? It sounds like you are not getting enough fat but we need to see what you have been eating to know for sure. Waking up hungry is good but the rest shouldn't be happening. I don't really have any advice on the reheated meat other than try didn't textures or heating methods or eat it cold.

Thanks Bethany,

I'm usually having 3 eggs for breakfast with a piece of fruit. today I made egg salad with homemade mayo. For lunch I've been having a big salad with either chicken or tuna on it for lunch and then using olive and balsamic for dressing. Today I had leftover chicken thighs, brussel sprouts and sweet potato (that's what I was choking down). Last night was pork loin with roasted broccoli and roasted sweet potato. tonight is salmon with sautéed spinach and also the Zucchini noodles from Well Fed. For sautéing i've been using clarified butter. Yesterday I ate a handful of almonds in the middle of the day because I was never gonna make it to dinner time without having something. Other than making an omelet its hard to get the veggies in in the morning. Question though...is the fat I'm cooking with supposed to be the serving of fat I'm eating at that meal or should there be an additional fat?

Your cooking fat doesn't count. Most of it doesn't end up on your plate. You want to add additional fat. Using what you posted I would add 1/2 an avocado or some compliant bacon to meal 1. I've been mixing some homemade mayo into my vinaigrette dressing when I have salad to get more fat in those meals (or mix the mayo into your tuna). Add a scoop of coconut butter to your sweet potato. Add an extra glug of evoo to your sauteed spinach or crush some nuts over your salmon.

Veggies in the  morning was the biggest adjustment for me. My typical M1 is sauteed kale (a lot) that I scramble my eggs (4) into with compliant bacon and usually some raw fermented veggies. I eat this most mornings. Sometimes I'll have 1/2 an acorn squash (cooked in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours) with coconut butter and raisins and then eggs on the side. Roasted sweet potatoes I also find enjoyable in the morning. 

You might want to try not having a serving of fruit with m1 for a while. Some people find that makes them hungrier. I rarely eat fruit at my first meal. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, I feel hungry all the time! I will try those suggestions. The only compliant bacon I found is $15 for a pound and a half. Meat is so expensive (especially since I'm going the extra mile and doing grass fed). I add olives to my salads at lunch, but it doesn't seem to help, I too find myself munching on nuts and carrots in the afternoon. The only thing I've noticed that helps is when I have a super big, protein packed breakfast I seem to stay fuller all day. But my husband eats the exact same thing I do and he is fine.

Let me know how it works out!

can you post a few days worth of food (with approx. portion sizes) and activity level?

you shouldn't be hungry! many people do notice that when they have a substantial breakfast, they are more satisfied throughout the day. you don't have to eat eggs for meal 1, you can have whatever you'd eat at any other meal. you also don't need to eat bacon - I haven't eaten bacon in years :P

coconut butter should be available in grocery stores, or health food shops....it might be called coconut manna

Archived