Carrots

I've always heard that carrots are a veg that are higher in sugar than other vegetables. I pan roast them fairly regularly as part of my breakfast, regardless of it being a workout day or not. So I'm wondering, because they're higher in sugar than other veggies, should I count them as I would starchy veggies like sweet potatoes? Or do they fall closer to standard veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, etc?

Thanks! Great post about it... Glad to know I wasn't the only one warned against carrots. Haha...

Part of my concern came in as I was eating my breakfast. I'd already had my post-WO meal, so this was my first main meal. Pan roasted carrots and 1/2 sweet potato. Admittedly, this ignited my carb phobia, which is what prompted me to ask. That being said, my workout today was 6 hill repeats along with my warmup and cool down miles. I'd say close to a hiit workout, so I'm sure my body still utilized the carbs even if it was over an hour after my workout (my post-WO carbs came from a crepe from the recipe posted at stupideasypaleo.com; I'd made the batch to use during my 22 mile long run over the weekend).

Either way, the carb phobia got to me. Thanks for the insight and the blog post reference!

Archived