Day 8- want to cheat

Ag04

Today is day 8 of my whole30. So far, I haven't had that difficult of a time until today. I dropped my 15month old son off at Mother's Day out for the first time. I cried...he cried...pretty much all day. I realized that I am an emotional eater. I had no idea until today. All I wanted to do was eat something that's not whole30 approved. I really want to order pizza for dinner and have a glass of wine. I really don't want to last week to go to waste. Ugh! Today is really hard. Hope that saying this 'out loud' will deter me.

Look what an awesome insight you had! Now you know that you have been managing uncomfortable emotions with food....and that you can figure out a new way, if you want to. 

I had the same thing happen. I suffered a big disappointment last month during my first W30. And I cried and cried, and I wanted to eat JUNK. And I cried. And I said out loud, "I don't know how to deal with this bad feeling." And I said "I'm so sad and disappointed." 

And then it passed. 

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. But what you're doing for your body is great. And hurting it may make those uncomfortable feelings numb, but I think you can handle them un-numbed!

I'm so sorry you are struggling! Day 8 isn't easy, and neither is separation anxiety. I hope you can find some other means to feel better than eating food that will make you feel even worse. Hang in there, get through today and see what tomorrow brings. :)

Archived