Reintroduction planning

Psirene

Reintroduction planning

Hi everyone. I'm at Day 25 of my first Whole30. I'm doing my menu planning for the next week or so, and realized I'd hit my Day 30 within that time, so I'm trying to look ahead towards reintroducing foods. I've got a few questions.

Pre-Whole30, I couldn't do a lot of cow dairy. I could handle butter no problem, but otherwise all of my dairy was goat/sheep. Maybe a tablespoon of sheep's milk feta on some sauteed zucchini here, or 1/2-1 tablespoon of grated sheepy romano there. I would, very occassionally, splurge on a little fresh whipped cream (cow juice), but not much. But rarely would I have any sort of dairy in any large quantity, for all meals of my day. Like you're supposed to do for reintro. 

So my question is - do I reintro in a way that I would normally eat, or do I reintro with larger amounts? Pre-Whole30, if I were to have dairy at every meal, I'd feel pretty yucky by the end of the day. 

Or say for gluten. I was gluten-free before whole30, but I'd like to splurge occassionally (good gods, I'd love to have tiramisu again, it's been 10 years). But because I was GF before, I would never, ever eat it at three meals in one day. 

See what I'm getting at?

What do you guys think? 

And finally, I remember when I went off of wheat/sugar/alcohol/dairy five years ago, I was hypersensitive to ANY of it for months after I went clean. I don't know if this 30 day clean-of-stuff is enough to set that off (I really, really hope not, because that was miserable). What's your guys' experience with that?

Here's the thing. The idea behind reintroduction is to pinpoint those foods that bother you, assuming you want to eat those foods again at some point in the future.

If you already know certain foods bother you, or you have zero desire to have them again, there's no reason to reintro that item.

If you have a curiosity about a particular food, or know you'd like to try eating it again on a semi-regular basis, then do a controlled reintro.

Based on what you said, it looks like you already know how dairy and gluten make you feel, so I wonder if you really need to do any reintro on those items? 

And no, completing a Whole30 doesn't make you more sensitive to these questionable foods. It just makes you more aware of the impacts they have on how you feel when you eat them.

Hi - Congrats on getting close to the end of your W30.  I would reintro in the way that you may want to eat.  So, reintro little bits of dairy for a few days and see how that goes.  Reintro a dessert you might want and see how that goes (you may not know if you react to the sugar, dairy, gluten, etc, but you'll know how you react to the dessert so you can decide next time if it's worth it).  Just my opinion.  I don't see the point in reintro'ing foods you won't eat anyway or foods you already know don't agree with you. 

Archived