What's for dinner and mystery CSA greens

shannm1638

Today is day one of Whole30 round 2 and were having eggplant and hot sausage "lasagna" with this mystery green in it instead of spinach. It was in our CSA and was not labeled so I have no clue what it actually is. Any suggestions? It's REALLY good!!!

Side note, I was thinking parsley maybe (all I've ever gotten was the dried stuff 😮) but the bag is HUGE. Like gallon size bag huge.

post-34558-0-82489000-1379616490_thumb.j

Baby kale it is!! I have previously only bought the kale in a bag at the store so it was really dark and bitter and I used it solely to make kale chips. This is amazing though!! Our first whole 30 was all about survival. This time we are trying more new recipes and different veggies. Baby kale may be a keeper!!

Second thought? What do I do with rhubarb? It's been in my fridge for days because I can't think of anything to do with it.

Here ya go - 

Pork chops with spiced rhubarb chutney

Ingredients:

3 cups fresh, chopped rhubadr (1/2 inch chunks)

1 tbsp coconut oil

1/4 cup chicken broth

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

2 tbsp honey (probably leave this out for Whole30 compliance!)

1 tbsp minced fresh ginger

1/2 cup chopped green garlic or leeks

1 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp coriander

1/4 tsp cardamom

1 cinnamon stick

salt & pepper

4 pork chops

2 tbsp coconut oil

cumin

ssalt & pepper

1. Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add green garlic & ginger & saute for a few minutes, until green garlic begins to brown.

2.  Next add (honey), cumin, coriander, cardamom & cinnamon stick, plus ACV. Saute until the (honey) is dissolved.

3.  Add rhubarb & chicken stock

4.  Put the lid on for 3-4 minutes to help the rhubarb cook through

5.  Remove the lid & saute until the rhubarb is tender. It's best to prepare the chutney about 2 hours in advance, to help the flavours meld.

For the pork:

1.  Sprinkle the pork with cumin, salt & pepper on both sides

2.  Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat & add coconut oil

3.  Add all 4 pork chops (if they fit) & cook until the first side is golden brown, then flip to cook the second side

4.  When the chops are cooked to your liking, serve with the chutney.

Apologies to the original author, i printed this recipe from a paleo website to keep in my recipe file, I'm not sure which site it was now. I haven't tried it as i haven't had any rhubarb to hand lately!

Archived