Pre/post workouot

miaeit

Im starting the paleo challenge tomorrow, and I am a bit confused about what I should eat pre and post workout. 
I´ve read the meal planning plan and understands how much of this and that I should include in pre/post workout meals, but I just need some examples of things to eat in these meals.

I usually work out 5 times a week, and my main focus is strength training  :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a couple questions about meal timing for my situation.  I Crossfit 4 to 5 days a week at 5 PM and since starting whole 30 last week have been doing sprints on either a rower or stationary bike first thing in the morning with only a cup of coffee or two. My goal is to lean up and attempt not to lose much strength/muscle in the process.  The morning sprints feel good with no food but likely because I am getting in some sweet potato after my Crossfit wod the night before.  

1. Should I "refill" with a starchy carb post morning sprints to fuel my late afternoon wod? If not what should this meal look like?  

2. If leaning out is my goal should I keep my total carbs under 150 gr a day mostly post wo?

40 year old male

6'0

225lb

Daily macros

180 protien

120 carb

100 fat

Archived