Day 4... sharing my goals

emgrace05

I am on day 4 of my W30.  So far it has been a bit of a roller coaster but is going pretty well overall.  I am seriously mourning the loss of my coffee with milk & sugar!!

My goals on the Whole30 -

1. Kill the sugar cravings!  We have been eating a lot of dessert around here recently and I am hoping to not desire it quite so  much!  Also hoping to stop after dinner snacking.

2. I have had horrible knee problems for quite a few years.  I haven't had much luck with doctors.  I am not expecting a miracle but I am so hopeful that this might be a food-related inflammation issue that the w30 will uncover.  Fitness is a big part of my life - hoping to do it with less pain!  

3.  Energy!!  I just feel like I don't have the energy I should at my age at a healthy weight with a basically healthy lifestyle.  I want to have more energy for me & my family.  

4.  I have a few stubborn baby pounds that I would love to lose stat!

I am excited about taking this step to change my life!

Hi emgrace,

Sounds like you are off to a good start! How are you finding it to have whole 30 compliant meals?

I'm on day 11 of my second whole 30. I remember thinking it was a lot of fat to be eating when I started my first one. :) Now I'm more used to the template of whole 30 instead of the standard low-fat protocol I had been taught in the past.

Glad you shared your goals here.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your support!  So far so good mostly with meals :)  I really tried to plan yummy meals so I wouldn't get sad about my food!  I am planning my 2nd week today so if you have any favorite recipes, I would love to hear about them!

How are you doing on day 12?

Thank you!

Emily

Day 7!  I'm excited to have my first week under my belt!  Sadly, I feel like crap today!  I have a sick baby who was up a lot last night and that added to the Whole30 has me exhausted with a headache!  Also feeling fat which I knew to expect but still a bummer!  Wouldn't it be nice if I could be the person that didn't have all of the unfortunate side effects?!

I'm excited for nomnom paleo's Thai Chicken Curry over Cauliflower Rice for dinner tonight!  The hubbs is not happy with all of the dishes created by constant W30 cooking.  Sadly, it helps me a lot to stick with this if the food is yummy and ever-changing!

I am still totally into the W30 and am really excited to start seeing benefits!  I still miss my sweet yummy coffee terribly but I know I can handle it!

• 2 weeks later...

Day 19!  Going really well.  I had kinda a crazy stomach last night and this morning.  I didn't eat anything strange (except perhaps more that an average amount of brussels sprouts and cauliflower!).  I'm just assuming that it's my body workin' through stuff.... doing it's thing. I am really proud of my progress and enjoying all of my yummy recipes.  A little tired of living in the kitchen but I know that will get easier.  

Thanks for the support!

Day 19!  Going really well.  I had kinda a crazy stomach last night and this morning.  I didn't eat anything strange (except perhaps more that an average amount of brussels sprouts and cauliflower!).  I'm just assuming that it's my body workin' through stuff.... doing it's thing. I am really proud of my progress and enjoying all of my yummy recipes.  A little tired of living in the kitchen but I know that will get easier.  

Thanks for the support!

Above average consumption of brussels sprouts and cauliflower could definitely cause crazy stomach. 

Archived