Restart!

Grizzlykids

I restarted my w30 yesterday and I am super excited!

I had made half way through my first whole 30, but I got oral surgery and had a very hard time finding stuff that I could manage to eat. I made it on a ton of chicken broth and apple sauce. And after we were "off" we went a little crazy and slipped back into the old ways. Wellll here we are. Starting again!

We do have a little complication this time, though. We recently found out my son is allergic to nuts!! On my first (half) w30, nuts were a big part of our diet. Guess we will find something else!

In our time off, we also started working out (that seems a little backwards!) and I am trying to figure out the pre/post work out meals, but I still don't exactly get it, so we skipped them yesterday. Oops :(

yes, skip the nuts. for me, nuts have no brakes. none. and this time, my whole30 is also AIP, so nuts arent allowed. 

Can your son eat chestnuts? Those might be a good snack for a child.

I realized this morning one of my supplements has soy in it - but i have been taking it for the past 9 days....i dont know if i need an official "restart", but i do want 30 clean days before reintro begins.

i think i need to add a few days more, but i dont miss anything yet so it should not be a problem.

Whole 30 without nuts is easy!! I think I used almond butter twice in 60 days, and didn't eat any other nuts.

PreWO should be fat and protein. Try a HB egg, or small tin of fish in oil, meat with mayo or avo etc.

PostWO is a meal sized portion of lean protein with starchy vegie carbs and little to no fat. My go to postWO was baked chicken breast and pieces of baked sweet potato. You can prepare these things in bulk and just throw some in a container before you go and workout to eat when you've finished :)

I am still working up to eggs. I have a hard time eating them. I use to be intollerent of them, and would break out. Now they make me sick to my stomach. I think it is all in my mind though

The chicken breast and sweet potato I can do!

We were using nuts IN our meals. My husband loves to cook with cashews and almonds and pistachios. Not sure what all my son is allergic to, we are fighting his doctor to do allergy testing but they are still refusing. So at this point, we are staying away from anything even vaugly nut.

Archived