stomach trouble

Loco

I completed my first round over the summer but in September I fell off the wagon and started eating anything and everything!!  Now I am on my second round of whole 30 and having a lot of difficulty getting my stomach back on track.  I am eating 3 meals and sometimes need 1-2 snacks a day.  But since day 7 I have been extremely bloated and gassy.  It was not like this on my first round and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to why this could be occurring.  I am adding a sample meal plan for my days.

6:30- 3 eggs, chicken sausage, spinach, 1/2 sweet potato

10:30 - apple with cashew butter (if needed)

12:30- chicken with a veggie, banana

3:00- carrots with sesame butter

6:30 chicken with veggies and a sweet potato

sometimes I need a night snack as well.

If you check out the timeline, you'll notice that bloated and gassy is completely normal around the stage you're in!!

http://www.whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Your actual meals sound low in fat - adding fat may keep you feeling satisfied between meals and eliminate the need for snacks. If you're still hungry between meals, go for a mini meal of protein, fats and vegies over fruit/nuts.

Also make sure you're getting sufficient vegies - I aim for 2-3 cups per meal - and stay sufficiently hydrated.

If you're eating lots of your vegies raw, perhaps try cooking them to help digestion.

Archived