Jumping in..

MJ09

I have reset my whole 30 7 times in the last two weeks. I don't know what my hang up is..actually I do. It's all the same excuses everyone else has. 

I'm tired. My 5 year old isn't sleeping well and work is insane these days so I'm comfort eating and have gone totally off plan. 2 out of 3 meals a day are whole 30 approved. One plus snacks are not. I've put on 10 pounds in two weeks.

I don't know how to make this stick for more than a day. It seems to me quitting smoking after 2 packs a day for 11 years was easier than getting to day 3 of a whole 30..Am I alone in this? I seem to be. Everyone else seems to say it's hard but doable. So why am I still binging and sneaking food and doing this over and over? 

I have GOT to make this stick.

Off to read It Starts With Food and plan tomorrow's meals..Here goes nothing...

• 2 weeks later...

I would encourage you to really think through and right out your reasons for doing a W30 and post them in places where you are tempted to cheat. I would also encourage you to print out the rules and the meal template and post them on your fridge. Remove all temptations from your house if you can. If you have a non-compliant spouse than have them hide "their" food so it isn't in your line of sight. Having a plan and sticking to it is really key and I highly encourage planning for larger meals in the beginning.

Personally I didn't start off with a W30...I started with a 30 day meal plan from Practical Paleo. I needed the meal planning aspect handled for me as I adjusted. Once I did that completing a more strict W30 was a lot easier. 

Archived