Kim's Whole 30

ksk

I didn't weigh myself before starting because even though I am extremely overweight, the weight loss is secondary.  I care about dropping my blood pressure and my blood sugar.  I know that my blood sugar is probably in the low 200s.  I should have taken that measurement this morning. 

For breakfast I had a piece of sirloin steak

For lunch I am having sirloin steak and a salad.

It's going to be harder for me to get veggies in because I don't really like a lot of them.  I'm also not a big fruit eater and with blood sugar problems, I don't plan and eating much fruit.

Kim, do you have a copy of the template?

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Every meal needs to have protein, fat and vegies. There are plenty of delicious ways to prepare vegies- many people try cooking things they don't think they like in different ways (or different to how they were served when they were children) and realise they're actually nice :)

Roast anything is pretty good - Brussel sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower included! Covered in coconut oil or ghee, sea salt and herbs/spices before baking, yum!

I have the book.  I am not a big veggie lover.  I like somethings like the above that you mentioned but it is very hard for me to eat them at breakfast right now.  This morning I did have a green chile sausage from Whole Foods and then had some black olives and a little bit of sauerkraut.  I think I could eat sauerkraut every morning.  I usually eat vegies with lunch and dinner.  I did take a fasting blood sugar yesterday morning and it was at 198.  I am on metformin but not a full dose yet because it plays havoc with my digestion.  I am taking 1 500 mg extended release tablet at dinner everyday starting yesterday and I am supposed to work up to 2 tablets per day.  Previously taking 1 tablet every other day.

Tuesday, I had steak for breakfast, a huge salad with chicken for lunch, and shredded pork with steamed carrots w/ghee for dinner.

Wednesday I had steak w/ghee for breakfast, steak and salad for lunch, and again shredded pork with the carrots for dinner.

As soon as the pork is gone, I will be switching to mostly beef or bison with only some pork and some chicken.  My husband cooked up some country style ribs in the crockpot for me.  I'm thinking about making a whole 30 approved green chile stew with the pork tonight as it is sort of bland.

Kim

I currently take Metformin as well and I had the worst stomach problems in the first 2 weeks that I was on it, now I have no issues unless I miss a few days. Luckily my blood sugar hasn't gotten too bad yet, my resting a1c is like 120 while is categorized as pre-diabetes with my doctor. I'm hoping to be able to get off of my medication sooner rather than later.

I know how hard it is to make yourself love vegetables but I am starting to see that it is an acquired taste!

Good luck!:)

I currently take Metformin as well and I had the worst stomach problems in the first 2 weeks that I was on it, now I have no issues unless I miss a few days. Luckily my blood sugar hasn't gotten too bad yet, my resting a1c is like 120 while is categorized as pre-diabetes with my doctor. I'm hoping to be able to get off of my medication sooner rather than later.

I know how hard it is to make yourself love vegetables but I am starting to see that it is an acquired taste!

Good luck! :)

I've been trying to take the Metformin since early September and the stomach issues never let up.  I had to quit taking it when I flew to Florida.  I have lowered my bs before doing a strick vlc paleo.

Archived