Meal timing dilemma

So...I start my work day at 7a and get in the door at 7p. Not a morning person so I take breakfast to work and eat it by 8a. Lunch follows at 12:30 on average. No issues or problems there.

But I hit a wall at about 5p. I'm not necessarily hungry for a whole meal, but I know if I wait until 7p I'll be over hungry and eat too heavy if a meal not long before night time wind down.

I tried a snack one day. But then I wasn't hungry when I came home for another full meal. I settled on veggies and a fat rather than a full meal that evening.

But I'm don't feel like that is reasonable either. The food just sat there all night. But if I eat at 5p, I'm eating on the fly and that means that all three of my meals are eaten at work. Not very satisfying.

Any ideas?

Are you eating a substantial breakfast? Eating a bigger breakfast should keep you more satisfied thought the whole day.

You could also have a mini meal a little earlier (perhaps @ 4), then dinner a little later?

All of your meals, including mini meals should follow the template with protein, fat and vegies.

I tried the Mimi meal at 4. Had apple, cashews and HB eggs (2). That's why I wasn't hungry at 7 for another full meal.

I'm only day 3 but I started the challenge by baking a crust less quiche with whole eggs, tomato, cauliflower, olives (Greek), peppers (red), and add avocado to top it off before I eat. Oh yes, the tomatoes are roasted in olive oil as well as the cauliflower.

I eat the equivalent of 3 eggs which holds me well until lunchtime. Any other thoughts?

Personally, I'd make M1 a little bigger and try to hold off until 2 for M2 and then have M3 at 7.  Otherwise, I'd make M2 extra big and save some of it to eat at 5 to tide me over until 7.  Sparkling water and kombucha also help me get through that last hour until dinner. 

Archived