I have done 3 rounds of the Whole30 completely compliant over the past year...this round I have made some modifications for my first week which include protein powder and a bit of dairy...I know it's not an officially compliant Whole30 yet...and some of you will say not to call it that...which is just fine.  Let's just say it's my pre-w30-w30.   :)

Day 1

Meal 1

coffee & coconut milk

protein powder (no, it's not technically w30, but it's what I have now)

almond milk (last of it)

2 eggs

sweet potato

hot sauce

banana

5 almonds

Meal 2

Milxed greens

cilantro

carrot

1/4 avocado

braggs liquid aminos

taco soup 

Meal 3

apple

5 almonds

Meal 4

Chili

Sweet potato

Meal 5

Tomato

Cottage Cheese

Day 2

Meal 1

Protein powder full scoop & 1/2 scoop Vanilla Shakeology

1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2

2 eggs

asparagus

small sweet potato

banana

almonds

Meal 3

turkey taco soup

mixed greens & carrots

Meal 4

pear

almonds

Meal 5

turkey tomato & basil

butternut squash

protein powder

Day 3

Meal 1

Meal 2

2 eggs

asparagus

small sweet potato

banana

almonds

Meal 3

chocolate chili

mixed greens & carrots

Meal 4

apple

cottage cheese

Meal 5

2 chicken breasts

broccoli

Day 4

Meal 1

Meal 2

2 eggs

asparagus

small sweet potato

banana

almonds

Meal 3

taco soup

mixed greens & carrots

Meal 4

apple

Meal 5

salmon

cauliflower rice

baked apple

Excellent for you to be making some changes!. I would, however, consider this your day one in transition to a Whole30. As you said, the protein powder is not Whole30 and the almond milk ( if not homemade) and Braggs are not as well. It's really important to be sure things like soy(in the Braggs) and carageenan(most likely in the almond milk, along with other nasties if it is a commercial product) are completely out of your diet. So, don't cheat yourself of the benefits of the Whole30 and make your Day 1 once you have removed those items from your diet. Good luck!

Edited to say: also meal 3 is not a meal. Follow the meal template: protein, fat and veggies

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

• Moderators

Nope. You have not begun a Whole30 yet. Having protein powder does not make it okay during a Whole30. Also, most commercial almond milk includes carrageenan, a nasty additive that causes gut problems that warrants an immediate restart at any time. Braggs Liquid Aminos are made from soy and are not okay during a Whole30. Meal 2 and meal 3 are lacking protein. There might be a little there, but not nearly enough to satisfy the Whole30 meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

You could call this day 0 and tomorrow day 1. :)

Excellent for you to be making some changes!. I would, however, consider this your day one in transition to a Whole30. As you said, the protein powder is not Whole30 and the almond milk ( if not homemade) and Braggs are not as well. It's really important to be sure things like soy(in the Braggs) and carageenan(most likely in the almond milk, along with other nasties if it is a commercial product) are completely out of your diet. So, don't cheat yourself of the benefits of the Whole30 and make your Day 1 once you have removed those items from your diet. Good luck!

Edited to say: also meal 3 is not a meal. Follow the meal template: protein, fat and veggies

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Nope. You have not begun a Whole30 yet. Having protein powder does not make it okay during a Whole30. Also, most commercial almond milk includes carrageenan, a nasty additive that causes gut problems that warrants an immediate restart at any time. Braggs Liquid Aminos are made from soy and are not okay during a Whole30. Meal 2 and meal 3 are lacking protein. There might be a little there, but not nearly enough to satisfy the Whole30 meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

You could call this day 0 and tomorrow day 1. :)

I have done 3 rounds of the Whole30 completely compliant over the past year, and this round I have made some modifications for my first week which include protein powder and a bit of dairy.   I'm a rebel like that.  I am aware of carrageenan, and soy. I own, and have read It Starts With Food, and...I am aware it's not an officially compliant Whole30 yet.  Some of you will say not to call it that...which is just fine.  Let's just say this week is my pre-w30-w30.  I appreciate the valuable feedback.  :)

Archived