Calling those who helped their fibromyalgia/amplified pain syndrome

I am on day 25 of my whole30 and my main goal is to reduce the pain I experience due to fibromyalgia. However, despite almost being done, I have no relief. I wanted to know how long it took anyone else with fibro to feel better. I'm not against doing this for a longer amount of time but I don't want to feel too restricted when Thanksgiving comes around, not that I intend to undo any good I've done during this time.

My fibro pain was much worse before it got better. Part of that could have been from stopping my D3, B6, 5HTP and Magnesium since they weren't compliant. I added them back in all but the 5HTP in a compliant form. I'm at the end of two months. Give it time and look to see if any of the foods from the auto immune list could be a trigger. I haven't done the AI version but do limit my eggs to coating chicken only or in mayo.

Hope you see relief. BTW, I was gluten free for a year before starting this and fibro was good.

I'm in the same boat. Was really hoping to relieve some of this incessant pain (low back/SI/hip). Today is day 30, no relief. I've seen some change in my energy levels, but that is the only change I have experienced since beginning the Whole30. I'm open to continuing as well, but I can't help feeling dissapointed and frustrated. This doesn't help you one bit....but, hey, you aren't alone!!! ;)

I have severe pain when I'm off my low carb plan. Paleo type atkins. I take 5000 iu d3   Doctor's best magnesium and fish oil plus a rainbow light vitamin daily. 

My Mom has fibro (I have all the marker for it never officially diagnosed) night shades give her worse flare ups.

To me eating junk at Thanksgiving is not worth 3 days of pain.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just learning about this program. Fibromyalgia is a hard illness to fix. It takes a lot of time. I started trying to fix it in 2008-9 I think. The doctor said I am the worse case he has ever seen and the only one that is getting better. A lot of foods caused me trouble. So I restricted my diet to the one used in, "Breaking The Vicious Cycle" . I had to use that for 9 months before I could eat good foods that didn't cause me the runs and stomach pain. Then I added one at a time the foods that are in this program. It was feeding a starving body and rebuilding it. Each year I have gotten a little better. I am now almost pain free. I think it would be asking to much to have a serious illness like fm to reverse in one month. This book was one of the best things I found for fm. I just had to do the other program first. 

That is amazing buckley59, I have only been ill for about 8 months but have had not had any digestive problems as part of my fibro really. Just tons of muscle pain and fatigue. What else have you done to get better? I'd like to hear more since I plan on healing 100% no matter what anyone says. I am on day 16 of my whole30 and have less fatigue but not less pain.

Thanks!

Archived