h.bowling9

YAY!!! I just started the 30 day challenge. I am very excited to start and to see what happens. I have been working out for about 2 years, running about 3 marathons and a hand full of half marathons but I could never get the food part down. I would lose weight and feel good but could never stick to it. It was a "ok, I just ran/worked out a ton, now I can eat whatever I want" kind of thought.

I am hoping this also helps my IBS! I followed Paleo for a while but need to get a restart. Very excited!!

Alright, I am starting day 2. I will recap day 1....started out awesome and then bad.

So, here is what my day looked like:

M1: 1 egg, sauteed bell peppers, coffee and some cantaloupe. The cantaloupe came later because I know I didn't eat enough for breakfast and was very hungry by mid afternoon.

M2: bison, and tons of veggies that I sauteed the night before and 1/2 an avocado

Snack: chicken, veggies, olives, and pickles (snack pack) again still trying to figure out the food portions. Left work and went straight to work out so this was pretty much my pre-workout

This is where is get bad.... (kind of) I went to the grocery store to get some more eggs and went to the natural section to see if I could find something that I could easily pack or just pick up and run. They had a bar called KIND so I tried the Peanut butter and Dark Chocolate. I read all the ingredients and to me it all seemed natural. Again, I am not a very good yet at reading labels and knowing exactly what is ok and what is not.

Dinner: meat and cheese grilled sandwich and soup. My MIL came home from a vacation over seas and we all had dinner and she brought us back chocolates from different countries. I knew it was stuff that I shouldn't eat but that was our dinner and I wanted to try the chocolates. 

Today is a new day....right?!

Had a very intense workout last night...felt awesome!

Start off to day 2 was great....I'll post more tomorrow.

I'd consider counting what you've done as a warm up and start your official whole 30 when you've got a good grasp of what the program is and isn't, and what's compliant and not.

There are a few resources you might find helpful:

http://www.whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List.pdf

Your meal 1 was very low in protein and fat- a serve of eggs is as many as you can hold, you'll likely find that's 3-4. Having a more substantial breakfast would have satisfied you longer throughout the day.

The KIND bar was many kinds of wrong - it contains honey, sugar, soy, peanuts and dairy. "Protein" bars aren't compliant during your whole 30 - you are trying to stick to good, whole foods!

Thanks Amberino...I am trying to figure this all out. I think I am making it harder than what I should. 

I don't think my day 2 was good either. I added more eggs but was still hungry early. I need to mentally change everything, I feel like I am getting overwhelmed by what I need to do and not do. 

Also, I don't know if I should post this somewhere else but does anyone else feel like after they eat that they have an empty stomach? This sounds really weird and when I type it out it sounds even more weird. Today for lunch I had a chicken salad with a ton of veggies and some salsa for the dressing (all homemade) and went for a walk with my co-workers and I am back sitting down and feel like I haven't eaten a thing. I have that empty feeling. Has anyone ever felt this??

Archived