Day 1 November 3

joylala

Book recommended by my boot camp instructor.  At first I thought maybe it's best to wait until after thanksgiving.  But, it is better to start right now.  Tired of putting my health off.  Can anyone relate? Lastly, not a big fan of vegetables, but I get the feeling that by the end of the 30 days veggies and I will have a new and improved relationship!  

My very best to everyone else who just started or will be starting this week as too!

Embrace new veggies and I am sure you will find lots that you like.

Good luck!

New vegies, as well as new cooking methods - many people dislike vegies cooked in a particular way. Change that, and the taste changes too (Brussel sprouts for example....roasted, I'd eat them by the bowl full. Steamed ones, however...bleh!)

New vegies, as well as new cooking methods - many people dislike vegies cooked in a particular way. Change that, and the taste changes too (Brussel sprouts for example....roasted, I'd eat them by the bowl full. Steamed ones, however...bleh!)

Roasted vegetables are the best!  It will transform any vegetable hater.  A great way to use veggies that are past their prime, too.

425 degrees with or without added oil.  Play with spices

beans, snap peas, asparagus, squash, sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli... ah

Started November 3, and I am doing really well in terms of "doing" it.  But I am not happy.  I hope I will come to get more enjoyment out of food without depending on bread or sweet things.  Right now, I just eat for nourishment.  But, I will say, the recipes are very filling.  I don't get hungry between meals at all.  And I am cooking, which I have never really liked.  I dread it, but once I start, it is actually pretty enjoyable.  I hope to achieve some improvement in my laryngopharyngeal reflux, break my addiction to sugar, and my two-glasses-of- wine-a-night habit.  And if I lose a little weight, that would be great too.

Archived