I need help!!!

Rachrob2

hey everybody on the forum! How are you? I have successfully completed my first, and so far only whole30, which lasted for almost 70 days in the spring/summer of 2013. I absolutely loved how I felt, how much energy I had and how great food tasted. However, then I went on vacation. A seven day cruise to the Bahamas as a graduation present. I ate, and I ate a lot, of everything! I loved it, for one or two days, but then I had the worst mood swings, tiredness, and just an overall feeling of failure. I had lost near 20 pounds following an almost crazy intense workout routine of over 2-3 hours of working out a day and an absolute lack of any caloric intake that wasn't absolutely necessary. I completed this whole30 during the last semester of my senior year of college and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. However, since June, I cannot muster up the courage and the desire to do another whole30. I start for a day or two, then give in and tell myself that I deserve whatever it is that I want. I have been gluten free since the completion of the whole30, and I am extra sensitive to dairy. I am in an almost depressed state when it comes to my mind and body. I moved to Ireland to play basketball here, so I am pretty much alone when it comes to the desire to eat anything besides meat, potatoes and veg. Please help! I could use any support or advice that could be offered!

I think when you do anything for the first time it always works the best, however then the holidays come along and everything changes, trying to get back to where you were is perhaps where you are going wrong as you remember how much effort you had to put in to get where you were and maybe you don't want to be that strict again. Try to focus on the things you are still doing that are within the whole 30 and take each day at a time and be happy for the days you do manage it life is full of ups and downs and naturally slim people will have days that they eat bad and days they are good and that's how you maintain we can't decide we will never eat rubbish again remember what the book says it's all about trying to eat more healthily more of the time instead of thinking you have broken ure diet hope this helps and keep up the good work look how far uve come

Thank you Shazza650!!

I think I needed to get that off my chest and hear someone else's opinion on the topic! I am currently on day 4 and I am thinking about it as one day at a time, rather than everything that I have made mistakes on! I really appreciate your support and wisdom :)

Archived