Reintro timescale advice

AMBERETTA_1998

So I finished my Whole30 yesterday, yay! Today I began with reintro of dairy as I think this is probably the aspect I am most likely (depending on how the day goes!) to reintroduce in moderation. So far, after a yoghurt at breakfast and a glass of milk at lunch I am feeling no ill effects. In fact I think my digestion has improved (tmi but I have been constipated and bloated over the last few days of the whole 30), maybe the probiotic in the yoghurt? Anyway on Friday (day 33) I am going out for a very special champagne afternoon tea where sugar, alcohol, dairy and grains will all no doubt play a part! I am very much looking forward to it as it is a special occasion with dear friends and I intend to enjoy every mouthful!

However, I do want to get a good handle on the things that may affect me and obviously eating them all in one sitting(!) is not a helpful way to do that. So my question is, given that dairy seems to have no effect (I will have cheese at dinner), should I have a completely compliant day tomorrow and then just eat everything on Friday or if I continue to feel fine in the morning should I have a grain-only reintro day tomorrow ahead of the big celebration on Friday to try and identify if grains are a problem for me and what their effects are on their own?

Help appreciated!

Ideally, you want 2 days of 100% Whole30 eating between reintro tests, because you may get delayed reactions to a reintro item. 

I would eat 100% compliant tomorrow and then off-road only for your tea on Friday.  Then I would go back to 100% Whole30 for at least 2 days (more if you feel crummy after your Friday off-road), and then continue a controlled reintro process with grains next.

Archived