How much protein should I eat?

allentx

Hi Allen

As per the template, you should aim for 1-2 palms of protein with each of your 3 meals, plus protein for pre/postWO if you're exercising. Eat as much as you need to feel satisfied from one meal to the next - you may need more than 2 palms!!

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

While many people lose "weight" on their whole 30, it's not a weight loss plan. Try to focus on eating for health, and to feel good for the 30 days rather than worry about whether you're losing fat. Your body needs nutrients for good health, so limiting the essential elements for the sole purpose of thinking it'll help lose fat may not be overly beneficial to your health.

• 5 weeks later...

To go along with this, can you eat too much protein while on the whole30 or even after when you're following a Paleo lifestyle??  My body works best on a lot of protein but I do get fearful that I eat too much.  I'm not doing whole30 or Paleo for weight loss so I'm not sure how that changes up my protein amounts.  I train a lot (up to 2 hrs a day of endurance training) so I feel like I need the extra protein to keep my satiated.  Plus I have had a history of protein deficiency when dealing with an ED so I get nervous about my protein numbers.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you so much!!  

alp425 - yes, it is possible to over-do it on the protein and get your meals out of optimal balance, but it's very difficult  to EAT (not protein shakes here, meat) enough protein to cause physical problems.  I'd say always start with the standard template. If you're still hungry after you finish your meal (like finish it) grab some more food in roughly the same balance (even if smaller portions).  

Archived