progesterone cream

julzd

Hi all, just seeing if anyone would know if progesterone cream is ok to use while on whole30. I meant to be on it for medical reasons (not life threatening or anything) but just seeing if its not ok then ill stop the treatment so I can do the program properly. Thank you

You may find your hormone balance changes when you change your eating habits, so I would be aware of any changes in symptoms and effects from the cream and keep in touch with your doctor regarding your dose, but the whole30 does not prohibit any doctor prescribed medication.

In this case, since you are putting it on your body, rather than in your mouth, the whole30 does not have an official recommendation at all...you are free to use any lotions or creams that you would like.

• 3 weeks later...

The moderator's reply seems to suggest that oral progesterone supplementation is not okay, please clarify; I am off my estrogen and testosterone hrt as well as Zyrtek for allergies, but still taking oral progesterone and allergy nasal spray. Is this okay?

The moderator's reply seems to suggest that oral progesterone supplementation is not okay, please clarify; I am off my estrogen and testosterone hrt as well as Zyrtek for allergies, but still taking oral progesterone and allergy nasal spray. Is this okay?

Sorry that wasn't clear: medication, no matter the form is acceptable. AND lotions of any type are also acceptable.

Archived