Questions about dairy

biancadonk

Ok, before all you mods get in a tizzy, I want to clarify that I'm not asking whether any dairy products are ok on the Whole30. I'm clear on that.  :)

My question is this: is dairy included on the list of bad things because of it being a potential allergen/irritant, or is there something else bad about it that I'm not aware of? I guess what I'm wondering is, after I (hopefully!) get through this whole30, if I reintroduce dairy and find that I feel okay, is there any other reason to be wary of it? I know Mark Sisson says that if you process it without any issues, it's fine in moderation. I also know that most of the Paleo people avoid it. I'm wondering what the Whole9 take is on the issue. 

Thanks!

Thanks, Chris! I guess I should get around to reading ISWF. My husband wonders how there can possibly be more nutrition books I want to read, after having checked out The Paleo Solution, The Primal Blueprint, Why We Get Fat, Wheat Belly, and a few others, but the blog article you linked to above was mostly stuff I hadn't read before. I've been feeling like there's a piece I'm missing on why to avoid dairy, so this is very helpful. :)

Archived