Is too much soup possible while winter adventuring?

moeshe

I've searched the forum and rechecked the ISWF template guidelines and remain with an internal concern.  I'm more in a post-whole30 eating plan, postponing a second whole30 now until after this trip.  I'd still like to keep most meals compliant, if I can.  

First, I'll frame my question:  My family and I are going on a last minute trip to stay at a remote ski area for a week in a cabin.  The cabin has some sort of stove, but no info on the kitchen pots & pans.  Nearest grocery store 45 min. away.  So, I'm pretending it's full-out winter camping and we will have access to our camping gear, sporks, etc.  But no cutting boards, spatulas, fry pans.  This means I'm planning a lot of soup for meals. 

So, the question:  Can one source too much vegetables in cooked form (both lunch and dinner?) I'm planning on making 5 different compliant soups for 6 days of travel.  I know that travel choices may not be ideal (like the lack of fresh veggies for nutrients) but I'm thinking so much soup can't hurt us, even if we get a little bored with slurping all our meals.  (I have 3 kids under 10)  I'd welcome alternative meal options that would be east to pack, encouragement, and challenge too!  Thanks!

So, I'll reply to myself.  More for an update.

went over soup selection with family and we added a sugar-free marinara sauce and roasted spaghetti squash noodles + meatballs for one meal.  I've been busy preparing food for the next week in the kitchen today and don't know if I'll be back online to check if anyone replies or not.  Best regards to all!  and I'll be checking in here in a week!

I tolerate cooked vegetables better than fresh, so I eat a lot of soup. I think it's a good way to cook veggies thoroughly and still get to partake of their nutrients by eating the broth. I actually feel better when I have the time to make lots of soups. So I don't think a short period eating mostly soup could hurt you! And the spaghetti squash will make a nice change of pace if you get bored of soup.

I don't think any amount of soup is a problem, so long as you are still getting enough protein, veggies and fats. It's a great winter meal! I don't eat many raw veggies in the winter, cus I like hot food. Though if you're worried, raw kale mixed with olive oil and salt will keep for a few days just fine without getting wilty.

But, so long as you have access to enough refrigeration and functional heating, can you also pre-make stir-fries and curries and such? Most of my food is made ahead, packed in Tupperware and reheated.

Archived