Dear Day 5: Good Morning and What the...Heck?

MistyJG

I use light coconut milk (canned) in my coffee, just stir … yum!

Last night I dreamed that I went into Dunkin Donuts and they wouldn't give me water and I got into a big fight trying to get water.  Then I went to PotBelly's and ordered a sandwich and walked around holding it because I couldn't eat it, then actually ate a brownie bite that someone gave me and was so sad that I needed to start over on my Whole 30, but a bit happy that I could finally eat the sandwich I was carrying and start over after that.

Lara...haaaaaaa! That's awesome, and sad, and super funny.  God, Dunkin' Donuts.  They don't have them in Minneapolis, thank goodness, but I grew up in Chicago where they're all over.  That iced coffee with the sugar and cream they add themselves and those delicious donuts with sprinkles...*swoon*.

I haven't had food dreams yet, but I've had a lot of weird ones.  I'm a little bit excited for food dreams...I'm hoping they will be indulgent, delicious and guilt-free.  I want to dream that I'm in Willie Wonka's chocolate river, swimming and leisurely drinking. 

Today I'm craving jello with whipped cream from a can.  That's not something I even particularly love, but it was a staple at the dinner table when I was a kid. 

I will say that healthy food is starting to taste better than it ever has.  My clementine this morning was amazing, my black coffee was drinkable, and a salty hard boiled egg is divine.  I'm nearly drooling thinking about the carrots and avocado I have packed with my lunch...and that's progress, right???  :)

Have a great day, Lara :)

Oh, Dear God, this Cherry Pie Lara Bar...I'm in love. 

They are good. They are also sugar bombs. Try and keep Lara Bars as OMG I MUST EAT NOW AND NOTHING ELSE IS AVAILABLE foods. :) I like the coconut cream ones myself and I always keep one in my purse for those emergency moments.

Lara...haaaaaaa! That's awesome, and sad, and super funny.  God, Dunkin' Donuts.  They don't have them in Minneapolis, thank goodness, but I grew up in Chicago where they're all over.  That iced coffee with the sugar and cream they add themselves and those delicious donuts with sprinkles...*swoon*.

I haven't had food dreams yet, but I've had a lot of weird ones.  I'm a little bit excited for food dreams...I'm hoping they will be indulgent, delicious and guilt-free.  I want to dream that I'm in Willie Wonka's chocolate river, swimming and leisurely drinking. 

Today I'm craving jello with whipped cream from a can.  That's not something I even particularly love, but it was a staple at the dinner table when I was a kid. 

I will say that healthy food is starting to taste better than it ever has.  My clementine this morning was amazing, my black coffee was drinkable, and a salty hard boiled egg is divine.  I'm nearly drooling thinking about the carrots and avocado I have packed with my lunch...and that's progress, right???  :)

Have a great day, Lara :)

Totally agree about tasting food ... already, didn't think I would be enjoying these meals so much.  I was swooning over my steak at breakfast this morning (seemed like I should be getting in trouble for it)!  And sweet potatoes roasted in ghee ... like CANDY!

But today, even my picky 13 year old said my chicken salad was really good and had a huge bowl (chicken, homemade mayo, kalamata olives, cucumber and raisins).  Am I a bad mom that I want to hide my healthy food from my children??

BTW, I am in Chicago, so there are Dunkin Donuts in every direction!!!!  My husband took the kids out on my Day 2 and got them donuts, which they, of course, brought home to eat ... doesn't make the dream that surprising, does it?

Hope you had a great day too!

I haven't had food dreams yet, but I've had a lot of weird ones.  I'm a little bit excited for food dreams...I'm hoping they will be indulgent, delicious and guilt-

That definitely sounds like progress to me!! While I don't LOVE my unsweetened coffee, I'm getting used to it. And I've never enjoyed a peach more than when I bit into one the oher day. I need to cook some more and mix it up a little bit though.

Archived