I searched the forums for this particular restaurant but didn't find it anywhere, so I hope I'm not reposting!  I have a dinner devotion at McAlister's on the 22nd and I need to know if I can actually attend and stay compliant!  Can some more experienced W30ers check the menu and see if there is anything on there I can have?

Soup was my first thought, but their soups are always changing and I don't want to get there and not have any approved soup available!  When I called it also sounds like most of their soup is non-compliant anyway.  So then I looked at the salads, she said their grilled chicken has no added sugar so would that be my best bet?  A grilled chicken salad with oil and vinegar dressing?

Do I need to dig further on their chicken to see if it's compliant?  Is there anything else on the menu I might possibly be able to eat?

TIA!

http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/

Learn to get comfortable asking questions about food you're spending money on. It's perfectly fine to be an educated consumer and you can do so politely.

Yes, I believe that is your safest bet. Deli's are tricky to navigate on a Whole30.

• 2 weeks later...

McAlisters has an allergy section on their site where you can specify what you are trying to avoid...

http://www.nutritionix.com/mcalisters-deli/menu/special-diets/premium

Now it does not consider sugar LOL so that would need to be something that was asked about... But at least they can help narrow down the wheat, gluten, soy, milk, peanuts fairly easily... So that way when could get a better idea of what you may want and then talk to them about the sugar.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I am on day 4 and have not eaten out yet, there is a McAlisters near me where I usually meet up with friends once a month, so I am interested to see what they have to say. :)

• 3 years later...

I searched the allergy section of their website (link above), and the only potential option I found was a baked potato with veggies. None of their meats is compliant, and their veggie chili has corn oil in its base. I'd have to call to see how they bake their spuds (i.e., do they rub them in canola or corn oil before baking).

• 1 year later...

Archived