On day 6 ~ feeling good

shanfun11

Hello & I am so excited to have found whole30.  Today is my 6th day, and I just found the forum.

I have been a "clean eater" for about 2 1/2 years, but have NEVER gone off dairy or legumes entirely.  I have limited grains, but again, not 100%.  I am looking forward to learning how my body really responds to the reintroduction of all of the eliminated items.  And hopefully will see some results visually as well.

Biggest concerns or struggles:

Drinking black coffee with no h&h.  However, its going well.  Not as awful as I thought it would be.

Eating ONLY 3 times a day.  This has been my biggest struggle, and honestly yesterday was the first time I was 100% successful with it.  I work out at 4am lifting heavy and also do cardio 3-4 days a week, so I eat very early in the morning.  Next meal isn't until 12:15, so I get HUNGRY!!  Tweeking meals to accomodate this problem.

Next concern will be to stick to it on Super Bowl Sunday ~ ha ha!  Sounds silly, but there will be a lot of food and snack (not so good choices we'll assume).  But I am determined to do it.

And lastly, my stomach still has a little pooch to it.  I've been told others have seen a flatter stomach.  Looking forward (somewhat impatiently) to that happening!

Thanks ~ so happy to be here.

Can you share an idea of a good quick digesting protein for post workout?  In the past I did whey, but obviously I won't be doing that.  At this point I do not want to use a plant based protein powder.  Maybe after my first whole30 after I see how I do with dairy/whey.

Thank you!!!

Can you share an idea of a good quick digesting protein for post workout?  In the past I did whey, but obviously I won't be doing that.  At this point I do not want to use a plant based protein powder.  Maybe after my first whole30 after I see how I do with dairy/whey.

Thank you!!!

Chicken seems to be a popular choice for many posters here.

Archived