Day 16 and my jeans are fitting the same. :-((((((

trigirl

So after not wearing my biggish jeans since Friday, I put them on hoping since I'm in my 3rd week I might notice a difference in how my jeans fit.

Well they fit not a bit smaller than when I started.

I'm really really bummed!

I've been following this perfectly! No nothing has snuck in.

I am wondering if I'm eating too much?

Or having too much fat.

I think I eat a bit more along the lines of 1.5 portion.

I'm injured right now so my exercise is walking and strength training.

I'm 55 yo.....

My sleep has begun to improve slightly and my energy is slightly better.

Any ideas?

Words of inspiration?

I'm kinda delayed right now!!!

Thanks

Here's what my meals were yesterday. Again most are about 1.5 portion

9:00 Breakfast (1 hr after wake up)

Tea w/ tb coco milk

2 eggs cooked in coco oil

Spinach tomato sweet pot ghee

Banana

1 hr later 20 min swim and 30 min walk

15 min post w/o 1/2 portion chicken breast and yam

2:30 lunch

Grd beef in tomato sauce over spag squash with collard greens cooked in coco oil

Ghee

Berries and mango

7:30 dinner

Grd turkey cooked in coco milk, veggies steamed, spag squash, cashews

Keep in mind, the Whole30 is not a weight loss plan. It's a program to eat real whole food and improve your relationship with food.

What you're eating looks good. I certainly would not eat any less. There are a couple places you could even eat more. For example, an egg serving is the number of eggs you can hold in your hand. Remember veggies are 1-3 cups per meal.  If you cook/saute with a cooking fat in a pan, much of that stays behind in the pan and doesn't end up on your plate, so account for that with your fat portion.

You've noticed sleep and energy improvement, which are great signs of progress.

I say keep it up.

From another post

I had to ditch coconut milk, coconut oil, avocado, broccoli and raw cabbage in order to feel better. I eat a lot more olive oil, ghee and animal fat. If I'm feeling particularly full and bloated, I'll down a shot of apple cider vinegar. A shot of fresh beet juice helps, too. You may have to experiment a bit - just know that figuring it out is totally worth it! I now rarely have issues. (I've done a few successful Whole30s.) I can have these formerly banned items on occasion and they don't bother me as much now - I just can't have them every day.

Good luck - stick with it.

Some folks are bothered by cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower, so that may be contributing to your digestion challenges.

Maybe swap out some of those veggies for daily carb-dense ones: sweet potatoes, winter squash, beets, carrots, jicama, plantains, rutabaga and parsnips, and see if that helps with both your digestion and energy.

Archived