I think I just need to vent, and to remind me I'm not crazy (even if I am crazy:)

MerBear

Hit reply too early on accident...I am sleeping better. A great accomplishment seeing that prior to W30 I was waking up when my wife would wake up at 1:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep...I was sleeping 4 ish hours a night for about 3 months. I'm now at 8-10 hours nightly. I slept almost 12 last night. I am having a hard time sitting with the realization that I am disappointed in myself that I am not losing any weight and my better half that is doing this merely as a support for me lost over 10 lbs in the first two weeks. Yes, I have a bad relationship with my body image. I admit that for sure. Just realizing that maybe I was doing this for all the wrong reasons. Yes I know it's not a diet or weight loss program. And yes I are now that in the back of my mind I was still hoping this would be the case for me, that I would have success with losing some weight. I also have a lot of sadness lately...wondering if that is normal.

I don't plan on giving in...I plan on staying with this new meal composition as much as possible in the future. Just needed to get my frustrations with myself off my chest.

I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated, but don't beat yourself up about it.  While you had some really clear and focused goals to begin the program, it's natural to see others finding success (even in an area you hadn't considered) and want that for yourself. But you're celebrating the changes and you're sticking to the plan - that's what's necessary right now and what will keep you on the path to achieving all your goals - even the ones you didn't know you had!

MerBear, I'm weepy too, apparently it's usual at this stage.

Your body is working to get healthy, so if you have some extra pounds you WILL lose them when it gets there, because a healthy body has the right weight. But maybe it has other issues to fix first, give it time, allow it to heal...!

Archived