Help resisting cravings for sour gummies

Hello,

I keep having to start my Whole 30 all over because I get strong cravings for sour gummies and end up giving in when I see them at the store. Of all places, the ones I buy are in bins at Whole Foods, which is where I shop. Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to resist this sugar/sour craving? How long does it take to stop the cravings?

Thank you for your help.

Cravings vary, so how long it takes to stop differs across the board.

In your case, you could perhaps start by:

- not walking by the gummy bins at Whole Foods
- carrying a bottle of water with you as you shop and sip on that as you go

Keep eating your meals following the template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of compliant fat in every meal.  

The gummies will be there after you complete your Whole30 ... but maybe your yearning for them will be less.

I have same issue with sugar. I started using L-Glutamine in late afternoon because my cravings are strongest after my dinner.  I just empty little capsule in my mouth and it does the trick. You can Google L-glutamine and sugar there is a lot of good advice.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

You might want to try freeze dried fruits too. I know the strawberries are very tart (blueberries, too!)  I picked some up today and definitely helped while shopping. 

Avoid having your 1-2 daily servings of fruit as a snack. Enjoy them as part of or immediately after a meal.

The Whole30 discourages snacking in general. Especially in this context, as a substitute for a habit and something sweet. This is part of changing your relationship with food.

If you are genuinely hungry between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini-meal that includes a protein and fat.

Archived