Carla's Whole30 Log- Starting with Day 4

CpBatchelor

Day 33

Meal 1 @ 7am- Shredded salsa chicken with zucchini, green peppers, kale, and green beans. Banana with almond butter and some coffee with coconut milk.

Pre Work Out Snack @ 9:45am- some almonds

Workout 10-10:45- Hot yoga class

Post Workout @ 10:50- Oven chicken and sweet potatoes

Meal 2 @ 11:30- Can of tuna with homemade mayo, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 zucchini and grapes.

Snack @ 3:300 Did not have enough veggies at lunch so I had some carrot sticks, celery, orange and almond. Also had an active afternoon with asana lab sessions!

Pre Work Out @ 4:45pm- Hardboiled egg

Workout 5:30-6:30- Hot yoga class

Post Workout @ 6:35pm - Oven chicken and sweet potatoes.

Meal 3 @ 7:30pm- Was not super hungry but did not want to eat too late since it will be an early to bed night… Had three homemade meatballs, zucchini, green peppers, kale with an apple and carrots with sunflower seed butter.

Today was a better meal day with the workouts.. I am very sore but that is expected… However, I feel much more confident with my meal choices today compared to yesterday. Could have had a better snack but it was compliant and easy. Will def be doing lots of chicken and sweet potatoes over the next 4 weekends!

Tomorrow is gluten grains re-intro. Should be interesting... steel cut oats with Meal 1, bread with Meal 2, Muesli with Meal 3.. Meal 2 is with my mom at whole foods so I will be on the hunt for something compliant bread wise that does not have soy/sugar since those days come later. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 34- Reintro of Grains!

Meal 1 @ 6am- 1/3 pound beef burger with kale, zucchini, and sweet potato. 3/4 serving of steel cut oats with 2 strawberries, 2 blackberries, and a few blueberries. Also had banana with almond butter and coffee with coconut milk.

Noticed around 8am the following:

-headache above eyebrows

-dry itchy eyes

-raspy voice

-drainage in the back of the throat/mucus

-achy neck

-left ear ache

Feels like I have a cold/flu… GRRR

11am- Feeling of "warmth" coming from my chin like down the side of my mouth… As if I have a rash or its irritated. Feels as if I have little bumps or something but could be the acne that never cleared up as I have been refraining from touching my face.

Meal 2 @ 11:45am- Whole foods hot bar adventure… I had compliant salad with shredded chicken lots and lots of veggies and evoo as dressing. Found a sourdough roll and had that has gluten grain attempt #2 today…

Snack @ 3pm- Hardboiled egg and celery and carrots.

Meal 3 @ 7pm- compliant pork Andouille sausage with sweet potato, cauliflower, asparagus, kale, tomatoes and some avocado. Also had an orange in case my retintro reactions are a cold. No grain at this meal because of the feeling like crap that came on today. The upside no headache after lunch which is good.. Still at 8:30pm not feeling well. 

Day 35

Meal 1 @ 6:30am- Turkey spinach sweet potato burger with 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 tomato and a bunch of kale. Also had a banana and almond butter with coffee and coconut milk.

Meal 2 @ 12:15pm- Shredded salsa beef with green beans and cauliflower. Also had salad with kale, tomatoes, carrots, some avocado and Tessames dressing. 2 stalks of celery as well.

Pre Workout snack at 4:45pm- 20 almonds

Hot Yoga 5:45-6:45

Post Workout at 6:55pm after the fastest shower ever- Threw down at the stop lights some shredded chicken and sweet potatoes on my way to my HOA board meeting at 7pm. I was 2 min late, oh well.. LOL

Meal 3 @ 8pm- Small meal of veggies (leftover from Meal 1 cook up, made extras), a pork chop, some almonds, and an orange.

Busy day… Produce delivery came today, excited since it was my first one. Working on the last few items I need from the store (spinach, have lots of kale, etc) for big cook up tomorrow and Thursday for weekend #2 of yoga teacher training and for part of the week next week. Need to get into a better routine now that I have lost my weekend cookups and am so busy during the week. I have committed to maintaining 7 hrs of sleep a night so that def comes into play since I need to be in bed by 10, which means wind down starts at 9:45… At least tonight's load of laundry is almost done washing.. Tomorrow is 2 more loads, cooking, and maybe some cleaning… The floors need a good scrub.. LOL

Day 36 (Yesterday)

Meal 1 @ 6:15am 1 compliant Andouille sausage with shredded chicken, sweet potato, kale, broccoli, and tomatoes. With a banana and almond butter and coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2 @ 11:45:am- Well fed italian meat sauce with 4 homemade meat balls and lots of zucchini noodles. Also had some steamed veggies and carrots.

Meal 3 @ 6:30pm- Sauteed squash, spinach, green beans with some baked mahi mahi and an orange and a few almonds.

Cooked up a lot of food last night, breakfast casserole, sweet potatoes, cabbage and prepped lunch for the rest of the week. 

Day 37

Meal 1 @ 6:15am- some ground beef with some roasted cabbage, green beans, and spinach. Also had some coffee with coconut milk and a banana with almond butter.

Stopped at Starbucks at 7:15am- Dairy retintro day. Had a Grande skim milk late.

Meal 2 @ 11:40am- some sharp cheddar cheese (OMG SO YUM!!) with my salad jar, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and a spinach burger.

Meal 3 @ 5:30pm- salsa chicken with a sweet potato, roasted eggplant, and cabbage. Had some plain greek yogurt with a few berries and almonds.

Dairy day went well, not adverse reactions. Could tell I was a bit flemmy and had some gas bubbles moving in the belly but nothing major which is good. Hoping that the next two days go well as I would like to be able to enjoy some queso every now and then since the side affects were not bad. But not sure I want to eat it everyday.

Did food prep for the weekend, made some well fed mayo, made tuna salad, and prepped my post workout meals. Should help make the weekend easier and more relaxing with all day yoga teacher training. 

I found that when I have a 2% latte at Starbucks I had gurgly belly, but not when I have a full fat one. Your mileage may vary but I thought I'd throw it out there. :)

I had actually thought about going with the whole milk but was not sure... I think that I will try it next time around. Thank you for the heads up. :) :)

Day 38 (yesterday)

Meal 1 @ 6am- Ground beef with asparagus and lots of spinach. Also had a banana with almond butter and coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2 @ 11:15am- Homemade tuna salad (mayo, tuna, compliant pickles) with my salad jar with extra veggies (some sweet potato, green beans, broccoli, carrots, celery)

Pre Workout #1 @ 3pm- Hardboiled egg

Workout #1 4:15-5pm

Post Workout #1 @ 5:10pm-  RX bar

Workout #2 5:30-6:30pm

Post Workout/Meal 3- Baked Chicken, Sweet potato, veggies, carrots and celery

Banana at 9:15pm- Started to feel a muscle cramp coming on this evening so had a banana with my kombucha to help get some more potassium in.

Tired… Laundry from today is in the wash, as soon as it is done so am I…

Day 39

Meal 1 @ 6am- Ground beef with 1/2 green pepper, spinach, cabbage, and some eggplant. Also had a banana with almond butter and coffee with coconut milk.

Pre Workout #1 @ 7:15- Handful of almonds

Workout #1 730-830

Post Workout #1 @ 8:45 Chicken and sweet potatoes

Meal 2 @ 11:30  Homemade tuna salad (mayo, tuna, compliant pickles), spinach, tomatoes, carrots, celery, eggplant

Snack @ 3pm- Hardboiled egg with an orange and 2 dates

Pre Workout Snack#2 @4:50 - handful of almonds

Workout #2 5p-6p

Post Workout #2 @ 6:15pm- Chicken and sweet potatoes

Meal 3 @ 8:30pm- Well feed italian meat sauce, some ground beef, 1/4 green pepper, with some zucchini and zucchini noodles. Also had a banana with sunflower seed butter (compliant). Kombucha and lots of water.

Meal 2 is prepped for tomorrow (Salsa ground beef with asparagus, 1/2 green pepper, and lots of spinach. Will add some avocado in the morning when it cools down. 4 sweet potatoes are roasted and Salad Jar for Monday is also prepped.

Now time to ice my knee (nasty fall leaving the yoga studio, grrr) and watch scandal and call it a night… 6am will come early with 3 workouts tomorrow including circuit training… 

Day 40

Meal 1 @ 6am- Ground beef with veggies and a banana with almond butter and coffee with coconut milk.

PreWorkout Snack @ 9:40am- Handful of almonds

Workout 9:45-1045

Post Workout at 11am- Chicken with sweet potatoes

Meal 2 @ 12:30- Salsa ground beef with spinach and asparagus and some avocado. Also had an orange.

Snack @ 330- Hardboiled egg with carrots and celery peanut butter and a date. (Was hungry after 2 hrs. of sun salutations worked up an appetite.

Meal 3 @ 645pm- Baked pork chop with cabbage and eggplant 1/2 sweet potato, broccoli, and black beans and watermelon. Was craving watermelon tonight... 

So far no bad reactions to the legumes… The peanut butter tastes so good…

Totally exhausted.. Passing on the amazing race tonight to get some extra zzzz's.

Day 41

Meal 1 @ 6am- chicken with a 1/2 sweet potato pan fired egg and broccoli and spinach. With a banana and almond butter and coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2 @ 1145am- salad jar (carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, lots of spinach and tessames) with some avocado, carrots, celery, 1/2 sweet potato, broccoli and carrot and celery sticks.

Snack at 3pm- 1/2 palm of pork and an apple. Thought Meal 2 was filling enough, however it appears it was not.

Meal 3 @ 6pm- Well Fed Chili (perfect for a cold night) with kale and cauliflower.

Day 42

Meal 1 @ 6am- 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 palm leftover boneless pork chop, some ground turkey (to get my 1 1/2 palm of protein) with 1/2 sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli, and kale. Had coffee with coconut milk and a banana with almond butter.

Meal 2 @ 11:45pm- Well fed chili with sweet potatoes, broccoli, kale, and avocado. Also had carrots and celery and a date.

Snack @ 4pm- Produce delivery came today so I had a fresh Florida strawberry. I love Florida berries. It is a sign that spring is coming. LOL

Meal 3 @ 6pm-  2 stuffed peppers (3/4 pound ground turkey, compliant salsa, 1 zucchini, and 3/4 avocado divided into 2 peppers that I halved. Ate 2 halves and then saved the other 2 for lunch tomorrow.) cooked up some spinach to go with it.

Day 43- Sugar Day

Meal 1 @ 6am -  Breakfast scramble with a piece of bacon and kale. Had fresh Florida strawberries with some honey and coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2 @ 11:30am- Salad jar with leftover stuffed peppers from meal 3 on Day 42 with some cranberries (sugar item) and a banana.

Snack @ 4pm (to hold over to late meal 3 because of an appointment)- Carrots and Celery with Cappuccino Lara bar (contains vanilla extra)

Meal 3 @ 7:30pm- two compliant italian chicken sausages, cauliflower, sweet potato, kale and orange. (no sugar)

So no headaches no complaints today. Interesting. I did not get a chance to get pickles which had sugar in them. We will see what tomorrow holds, so far today was good. 

Archived