Angies Whole 30 Journey

Angie Cooper

Well I have to say I felt quite down today having to take pictures of myself, weight and measurements for this challenge. It really hit home how unhealthy I have let myself become.

I am excited about giving the Whole 30 Challenge a go to see if can help with my perimenopausal symptoms. Life has been a bit of a roller coaster over the past couple of years.

Day One

I really didn't feel like breakfast today just had an apple and black coffee. I am so used to having fruit nuts and greek yoghurt (something I will miss for a while). Hopefully my appetite will change over the coming days.

By lunch still didn't have much of an appetite but made myself and omelet with tomato, capiscum, onion and fresh herbs.

Dinner I had grilled fish with steamed veges.

I made sure I drank plenty of water (some with freshly squeezed lemon) and also had green tea between meals (3).

I didn't have a great nights sleep - quite broken and a headache,but as far as the food went it was all good.

Bring on day 2 :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2

Breakfast

Eggs and tomato cooked in olive oil.  About a cup of watermelon and black coffee

Lunch

Garden salad with roasted pumpkin boiled egg and wallnuts dressed with apple cider vineger

Dinner

chicken breast cooked in olive oil and steamed veges

drank plenty of water through out the day and had green tea and chamomile tea between meals

Everything went well today the only thing is I am feeling a bit moody and am getting headaches in the evening.

Day 3

Woke up with a head ache again so I decided to get out and go for a walk by the Bay and guess what it did me the world of good.

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with chicken breast tomato roasted pumpkin and fresh herbs

Black coffee

hot water with fresh squeezed lemon

Lunch

Kale carrot cucumber and beetroot salad with a home made lemon basil pesto dressing topped with boiled egg

green tea

Dinner

Paleo beef spaghetti sauce with a side of garden salad topped with wallnuts and home made lemon basil pesto dressing

Camomile tea

Still finding I am tossing and turning at night but overall felt a little better mood wise :)

Bring on day 4 !

Day 4

Woke up feeling quite good today. So pleased the head aches are finally subsiding.  Went for an early morning walk first up.

Breakfast

Omlette with chicken breast roasted pumpkin and spinach

black coffee

warm lemon water with cayenne pepper

Lunch

Kayle carrot spinach and beetroot salad topped with egg and dressed in a ginger viaigrette paleo compliant

Dinner

Garden salad with roasted pumpkin and chicken breast dressed in a basil pesto dressing

Drank plenty of water and had ginger tumeric teas and green teas between meals

I am still not sleeping properly so I tried doing some meditation before bed. This did make me fall asleep easier but I still did tend to toss and turn throughout the night still. I seem to be getting my best sleep early morning.

Bring on Day 5

Day 5

Feeling good and slowly getting used to protien in the morning. Went for a walk to start the day.

Breakfast

Roast vegetable frittata

Black coffee

Lunch

Kale beetroot cucumber and wallnut salad, chicken breast with pesto lemon dressing

Dinner

Steamed veges roasted pumpkin and chicken breast with ginger vinaigrette

2 ltrs of water drunk throughout the day and ginger tumeric tea, green tea, and chamomile tea between meals

Hoping to get a better nights sleep tonight but overall feeling good. :)

Day 6

My first full nights sleep :D Feeling full of energy. Went for my early morning walk first up.

Breakfast

Roast vegetable frittata and half an avocado

Black coffee

Hot lemon drink with caynne pepper

Lunch

Kale beetroot carrot and cucumber salad with wallnuts and boiled eggs - Basil lemon pesto dressing

Dinner

Garden Salad with avocado and grilled fish

2ltrs of water drunk throughout the day and ginger tumeric tea, green tea and chamomile tea between meals

Day 7

Day 7 was another great day. Feeling so good mood and energy wise. :D

Breakfast

Fried eggs tomato and half an avocado and baby spinach

Black Coffee and Hot water with the juice of a lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper

Lunch

Visited my Mother Inlaw for coffee and stayed a lot longer then I anticipated so lunch was mid afternoon.

Garden salad with walnuts topped with boiled eggs and freshly squeezed lemon.

Black coffee

Dinner

Grilled fish with steamed carrot broccoli and zucchini and freshley squeezed lemon.

Should have had a little more water today. I had chamomile tea after dinner.

WEEK TWO

Day 8

Woke up feeling refreshed after a great nights sleep. Went for a walk along the bay first up. I am really enjoying the extra energy I have at the moment. :)

Breakfast

Fried eggs tomato and half an avocado baby spinach

Black Coffee and Hot water with the juice of a lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper

Lunch

Garden salad with macadamia nuts avocado 1/2 apple poached eggs and freshly squeezed lemon

Dinner

Organic beef steak with steamed carrot broccoli and zucchini and freshly squeezed lemon

Drank recommended amount of water and green tea and ginger tea between meals

Nice work :)

You look as though you're doing great :)

I need to try cut back on my fruit intake this week. When I started I wasn't having any fruit and now I'm having it with two of my meals a day.  Going to try just leave it for with my breakfast.

Keep it up!

Day 9

I am loving my new attitude to life. Always planning my days and looking forward to what they will bring. :)

I went off to the markets to get some fresh produce in the morning.

Breakfast

Fried eggs bacon and tomato on a bed of baby spinach

black coffee and hot water with lemon juiced and cayenne pepper

Lunch

Kale based garden salad topped with organic beef steak and avocado. Freshly squeezed lemon as a dressing.

Dinner

Turkey patties with left over steamed veges and small garden salad with walnuts.

Plenty of water drunk throughout the day and green tea and chamomile tea between meals

Thanks Laura

Yes staying off the fruit is a hard one for me to. I used to live off it and now I am having next to none but hey slowly getting used to it.

I have found my new love is lemons. I have them in water and on just about all my meals and it seems to keep away my longing for fruit at bay I think,

You're doing so well yourself, and being a shift worker that deserves a big round of applause. Don't know how you do it. Well done! :)

DAY 10

Still feeling great and achieveing so much more than I used to be able to without the stress.

Such a can do attitute at the moment. :D

Breakfast

Lunch

Garden salad with organic ham and avocado. Freshly squeezed lemon as a dressing.

Dinner

Left over turkey patties with a garden salad and walnuts. Freshly squeezed lemon as a dressing.

Plenty of water drunk throughout the day and green tea and chamomile tea between meals

DAY 11

Had a fantastic nights sleep and woke up ready to go!

I have been finding my fitness levels are getting better by the day and my recovery time is also improving. What a great feeling! :D

Breakfast

Lunch

Garden salad with organic ham and avocado. Freshly squeezed lemon as a dressing.

Dinner

Beef bolognese with a garden salad. Freshly squeezed lemon as a dressing.

DAY 12

Well after so many fantastic days I have a a bit of a set back.

Had a terrible nights sleep. My hormones are playing havoc with me. My breasts were so sore I just couldn't get comfortable. Woke up feeling ok but still very sore. It's hard not to be a bit disappointed after such a good run.

Trying to keep positive as I have a lunch date with girl friends today.

What a great day! Was worried that I was going to be tired after such a bad night's sleep but no, I felt fine and quite upbeat.

It was my first attempt at eating out and I had no trouble at all staying Paleo compliant.

Breakfast

Kale beetroot carrot and cucumber salad with wallnuts and poached eggs

black coffee

Lunch

Grilled Snapper with greek salad (no feta or dressing) Half a lemon for dressing. The snapper was grilled with olive oil GF.

Dinner

Turkey patties with steamed veges

I am heading to the Gold Coast for a birthday tomorrow. I feel quite confident that I will stay strong and Whole 30 compliant and what a place to exercise....just gorgeous! :)

DAY 13

Had enother great day! Shopping and a birthday and had no trouble sticking to the Whole 30 Challenge. :D

Breakfast

Kale beetroot carrot and cucumber salad with wallnuts and poached eggs with freshly squeezed lemon

black coffee

Lunch

Grilled Barra with greek salad (no feta or dressing) Half a lemon for dressing.

Rooibos Chai Tea

Dinner

Grilled rump with greek salad (no feta or dressing) Half a lemon for dressing

DAY 14

I can't believe I am already two weeks into the 30 day challenge, no problem at all. I love the way I now feel. :D I have been able to go out socializing and even to a birthday with out feeling like I am missing out on anything. The feeling of well being totally overrides any feeling of deprivation.

Breakfast

Garden salad with left over steak and eggs with freshly squeezed lemon for the salad dressing

Black coffee and green tea

Lunch

Kale beetroot carrot and cucumber salad with wallnuts, chicken breast with freshly squeezed lemon

black coffee

Dinner

Garden salad with fresh Australian Black Tiger Prawns, freshly squeezed lemons and 1/2 a cup of strawberries (Valentines day dinner)

Drank plenty of water throughout the day and green tea and chamomile tea between meals

Yippee - nearly half way!

Archived