Dairy reintro dilemma

W30newbie

Prior to starting the Whole 30, I was a HUGE yogurt eater...it was a staple part of my breakfast.  I thought going off it for 30 days would be the toughest bit of the plan, but it's been a breeze.  I am really enjoying savory breakfasts and plan on continuing with the "eggs & veggie" breakfasts after my 30 days.  The thing is- I am curious to see the effects of dairy and whether my stomach can handle it on the rare occasion...and whether it's worth it so I would like to do a reintro.  I am currently on Day 28 so just wanted some advice:

I live in Mumbai where organic yogurt is not available.  As the options available are Nestle & Danone, I doubt the quality of yogurt will be overly high- do you think it's better just to avoid it completely until I am abroad and have access to good quality yogurt? Alternatively will it make a difference if I hang the yogurt to remove some of the whey?

Thanks in advance! 

When you reintro a food group, you have it at all three meals in one day. With dairy, sometimes people intro one type of dairy on one day, and another type of dairy on a future day. You could go that route: have the yogurt you can get now at breakfast, then cheese at lunch or milk at dinner, for example, see how you do that day. Next 2 days back to 100% W30 to wait for any delayed reactions. Then reintro next food group. When you have access to good quality yogurt, then reintro that also.

Archived